Cheetoz89

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
My comp now freezing after 15-20mins of run time.
To start I thought this was a graphics issue, I replaced the card and 25minutes after start up. Froze again.

Case is a Thermaltake V3 Black addition
Has 3 120mm fans - 1 exhaust(rear), 2 intake(located top and front)
ATX ilg-500R2 500watt p.s.
Board - ASUS - M4N82
AMD phenon II - 940 (x4)
4g ram - Corsair DDR2
Newer graphics card - Geforce GTX 285

Core temp - 53C hasnt changed no matter what i do download songs, games...etc
I did regrease heat sink to processor, was dried out . If over heated before could the processor be fried?

If so what is a decent replacement- i believe board socket is a 2, but with the new 3's work?
Thanks for your time.

chavez1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Randomly Freezes
No BSOD just random freezes with screen on and no keys or cursor repsond, all I can do is use a hard reset to restart. Then I get the standard windows was not shut down properly messege at start-up. I have been having this issue/s and have tried all the same standard help people have had to offer, in all the dfferent post I've read online.
To actually fix this issue I ended up having to go to the device manager and check for driver updates on all my devices, one at a time. I think the ones that had updates that fixed this issue were the ACPIx64-based PC under the computer drop down and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers especially the ICH ATA and SATA AHCI ontrollers (I think these made the difference). I checked them all, but these were the only ones that had updates. Once those were updated and the computer was restarted, it has stayed on. It's been on for a day now and no problems so far.