Sign in with
Your question

Comp freezes

Last response: in Systems
December 27, 2012 12:00:36 AM

My comp now freezing after 15-20mins of run time.
To start I thought this was a graphics issue, I replaced the card and 25minutes after start up. Froze again.

Case is a Thermaltake V3 Black addition
Has 3 120mm fans - 1 exhaust(rear), 2 intake(located top and front)
ATX ilg-500R2 500watt p.s.
Board - ASUS - M4N82
AMD phenon II - 940 (x4)
4g ram - Corsair DDR2
Newer graphics card - Geforce GTX 285

Core temp - 53C hasnt changed no matter what i do download songs, games...etc
I did regrease heat sink to processor, was dried out . If over heated before could the processor be fried?

If so what is a decent replacement- i believe board socket is a 2, but with the new 3's work?
Thanks for your time.

More about : comp freezes

December 27, 2012 12:32:01 AM

I don't think your CPU Is fried
If it was I don't think it would boot your computer
might be your hard drive but I would give it a 10% prob it would be that
Corrupted system files might be the case as well
If you can Try to set up a temporary partition on your hard drive if you got a 500 GB hard drive make a 20 GB partition and install windows on it and try it out
If it doesn't freeze on the fresh install of windows you got yourself your answear.
m
l
December 27, 2012 1:21:49 AM

I have one more question then... 150g HD as of now - but showing only 70g free of 146g...

What is the process for doing this, partition. SOrry kinda of newbish. This is a complete fresh install of Win 7 Ult, that I am still having issues with.

*crosses fingers* Right now, after relocating fans....been running for 47mins at 51C

also are the SATA HD better than the belt&molex older HDs?
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2012 12:06:23 PM

Download a Partition manager for example
http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Partition-Master-Home-E...

and from there when you are in the partition manager Resize your current partition and make it smaller about 20 gb less so you can leave space for a new partition
Do a youtube search on it to make it easier

51C is not that bad a little high but compared to other people I have seen their processors go up to 80-90C and that makes their computers freeze

Sata HD are faster than belt or are better reffed to as ATA or many call it IDE
Sata is also newer than ATA
from your hard drive GB amount I think you may have a ATA
m
l
May 6, 2013 3:02:07 PM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Randomly Freezes
No BSOD just random freezes with screen on and no keys or cursor repsond, all I can do is use a hard reset to restart. Then I get the standard windows was not shut down properly messege at start-up. I have been having this issue/s and have tried all the same standard help people have had to offer, in all the dfferent post I've read online.
To actually fix this issue I ended up having to go to the device manager and check for driver updates on all my devices, one at a time. I think the ones that had updates that fixed this issue were the ACPIx64-based PC under the computer drop down and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers especially the ICH ATA and SATA AHCI ontrollers (I think these made the difference). I checked them all, but these were the only ones that had updates. Once those were updated and the computer was restarted, it has stayed on. It's been on for a day now and no problems so far.
m
l
!