Sign in with
Your question

Graphics and HDD upgrade (even case) - Aus

Last response: in Systems
December 27, 2012 12:06:44 AM

Hi all. I'm having trouble running a few games (due to low graphics power and horrible load times) so I want to upgrade my GPU to a newer more powerful one and harddrive to an SSD. I'm happy with everything else in my machine as they work flawlessly.

I'm fond of Nvidia and Cooler Master cases (simple shaped, black, good fans), but I would rather go for good quality if they don't compete. I would like to get at least 2gb of GPU power at 256bit and over 120gb of SSD space.

I currently have this build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte UD3R x58
Harddrive: 2TB HDD (western digital)
CPU: i7 950
GPU: Asus HD 5850
RAM: 16gb DDR3 1333 Corsair
Case: Some silver Antec case (approx 250mm for the GPU, but I can cut the two lower HDD racks out)
PSU: 750w Corsair

Form:
Approximate Purchase Date: Within a month
Budget Range: Anywhere from $500-$900 (depending on how many shifts I get)
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Rendering (AutoCad). Gaming. Running test servers & virtualization (gaming,wamp, sql server). Some programming. Usual computer operations.
Are you buying a monitor: No, already have.
Parts to Upgrade: Graphics, HHD, Maybe case? (GPU size issues)
Do you need to buy OS: No, already have
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Anywhere Australian (http://umart.com.au, http://pccasegear.com/)
Parts Preferences: Nvidia/Gigabyte, CoolerMaster, (anything that is good quality)
Overclocking: Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: Upgrading, so at least over 1900x1080.
Additional Comments: Good cooling and dust protection.
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Having trouble running Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3 and trouble getting good-best quality out of other games.
Boot times are very slow (over a minute)

I can give more information if required.

Thanks in advance, happy holidays everyone
~ Jay
!