Windows 7 or 8

codonn

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I'm building a new system for gaming. The only thing out of the old system will be two 560 ti video cards . Which OS will be better and less of a hassle to use. Windows 7 & 8 are both 64 bit but I worry about drivers for 8 . So if you were building a system would you use 7 or 8 ?

macten

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I think I'd stick with 7 for now. There has been some arguing going on between some video game companies and Microsoft over 8, I haven't heard whether or not there was any resolution to those argument.

agent00kevin

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
We have both W8 64 Bit and W7 64 bit. W7 is easier to navigate with a mouse and is a solid choice. Better than Vista and even XP. 7 is a shining example of what Windows should be. Hardcore gamers would be wise to go with 7 unless you are trying to make your PC as future-proof as possibru.

W8 works fine though it feels clunky with a mouse. Not the best for gaming in terms of usability, but we havent had any driver/software issues yet...its just the interface that bugs me. Great OS for business and the more casual user though, and many gamers might even like it. Im old school, so I stuck with 7 for my own rig. The kids have 8.

TRENDING THREADS