which is the best add-on sound card:
HERCULES
MUSE XL
or
HERCULES
FORTISIMO
or
something else?

Are these compatible with most games, and will this take less pressue off my CPU than my on-board sound does?

Thanky-danky-doodle

Another post made by WIFFEN ENTERPRISES™

FatBurger

Illustrious
Fortissimo II is the better of the two, but the Game Theater XP is the best of Hercules cards. That's what I have in my box. It's a significant amount more, though.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

is it compatible with most games (surround sound?)

Another post made by WIFFEN ENTERPRISES™

FatBurger

Illustrious
What do you mean by "compatible with most games"? Surround sound is surround sound. I don't think any games have surround sound that only work on a specific card, it'd be MORE effort to program it that way (I would think).

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

DISTURBED

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I've got a Fortissimo 2 and I don't have problems with games but some people have complained of these problems at the Hercules Forum - you should check it out. However, a problem that I do and *alot* of F2 uses have is the digital output not working properly (IE - sounds pretty bad and doesn't work to well with MD recording).