Sign in with
Your question

Multiple display issues with AMD 6570/4200 w/ new receiver.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 9, 2012 10:30:49 PM

I recently purchased a new receiver and attempted to use it to run an HDMI signal from my HTPC to my HDTV. The receiver is a Harman Kardon 1600 and I am running Windows 7. I have a 6570 video card and an onboard (I think) 4200. Well, it worked for a couple minutes and then the signal disappeared. I was unable to restore the signal, finding that the only monitor I could use was VGA out from the onboard. I recently attempted to uninstall my video cards and reinstall them, and now I have blank screens on all monitors and have absolutely no idea what to do next. Please help!
November 9, 2012 10:31:49 PM

I forgot to mention that before I attempted to uninstall the video cards, the Catalyst software and the computer itself would 'identify' three displays on my single VGA monitor, 1, 2, 3, stacked on top of each other. I could not correct this. It listed the Dell monitor, a VGA monitor, and an HDMI monitor, each of these extended, but I could never get them to show up on the other external monitors or anything like that. It was very bizarre. Now I think I might be screwed? I have no way of doing anything to the computer, although it clearly seems to be up and running.
!