6310i Settings for laptop > net via GPRS wanted

Last response: in Brands
Share
February 10, 2005 3:02:28 AM

I have tried to use my 6310i to connect to the net through GPRS on O2
PAYG

I set up a modem Internet connection DUN and put the dial up number as
*99#

It says its connected but wont allow me to open any web pages or
connect Trillian ect to the net.

I'm using a bluetooth dongle to connect the lappy and phone.

Has anyone got any tips or clues on how to get it working please?

Thanks

--
arjftebhcf@jryfutbi.pb.hx<--ROT13 it
Spam Trap in Header

Freedom isn't FREE

http://borg.no-ip.com
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 3:19:23 AM

BORG wrote:
> I have tried to use my 6310i to connect to the net through GPRS on
> O2 PAYG
>
> I set up a modem Internet connection DUN and put the dial up number
> as *99#
>
> It says its connected but wont allow me to open any web pages or
> connect Trillian ect to the net.
>
> I'm using a bluetooth dongle to connect the lappy and phone.
>
> Has anyone got any tips or clues on how to get it working please?
>
> Thanks

Have you called O2 to ask if your account is enabled for GPRS..? It isn't
by default.

Ivor
February 10, 2005 7:03:25 AM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:19:23 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
<ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote:

>BORG wrote:
>> I have tried to use my 6310i to connect to the net through GPRS on
>> O2 PAYG
>>
>> I set up a modem Internet connection DUN and put the dial up number
>> as *99#
>>
>> It says its connected but wont allow me to open any web pages or
>> connect Trillian ect to the net.
>>
>> I'm using a bluetooth dongle to connect the lappy and phone.
>>
>> Has anyone got any tips or clues on how to get it working please?
>>
>> Thanks
>
>Have you called O2 to ask if your account is enabled for GPRS..? It isn't
>by default.
>
>Ivor

yer its enabled.

--
arjftebhcf@jryfutbi.pb.hx<--ROT13 it
Spam Trap in Header

Freedom isn't FREE

http://borg.no-ip.com
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:39:07 AM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:03:25 +0000, BORG wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:19:23 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
> <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote:
>
>>BORG wrote:
>>> I have tried to use my 6310i to connect to the net through GPRS on
>>> O2 PAYG
>>>
>>> I set up a modem Internet connection DUN and put the dial up number
>>> as *99#
>>>
>>> It says its connected but wont allow me to open any web pages or
>>> connect Trillian ect to the net.
>>>
>>> I'm using a bluetooth dongle to connect the lappy and phone.
>>>
>>> Has anyone got any tips or clues on how to get it working please?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>>Have you called O2 to ask if your account is enabled for GPRS..? It isn't
>>by default.
>>
>>Ivor
>>

> yer its enabled.

I had this with Vodafone.

IIRC it was something to do with the naming of the access point, contract
was wap.vodafone.co.uk and PAYG was pp.vodafone.co.uk. These aren't
necessarily the correct names just an illustration of the difference.

On the 6310i these settings are in the phone not the PC.

HTH

--
Regards
Barry