Help w/display adatper - nvidia RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro

I recently upgraded to Windows XP, and when I start my
computer, the screen turns off or goes black (monitor FPD
1500). I've tried uninstalling the driver, I've pulled
the driver down from the nvidia site, tried installing it
in safe mode and installing normal mode. The problem
still persists. The only way that I can see the screen
is to start up in safe mode, uninstall the display
adapter, and restart my computer. The monitor works fine
once I've done this, but I have to do this every time and
I'm finding it to be a BIG PAIN!! Help from anyone would
be appreciated!!

Give this driver a try
http://www.windowsxp-drivers.com/drivers/41/41593.htm