Closed Solved

Rattling noise on my Gigabyte 7970

Guys, my 2 weeks old gigabyte 7970 ghz edition is making rattling noise. Is this a known fact or a defect considering it has 3 fans? I mean really right, it's not supposed to make rattling noise right?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about rattling noise gigabyte 7970
  1. Best answer
  2. Yes
  3. RMA it coil whine it's a common issue with 7970 cards my friend that bought 7970 had it he had to return it to get new one
  4. i don't think it's an issue , heard and have the same noise on my Gigabyte680 , friends Asus and MSI 680 , and also 6990 HIS ...
  5. hmm... that's odd but what i meant was it's a issue for somebody that doesn't want it when they pay hundreds of dollars i know it doesn't hinder performance though and you and your mates must have bad luck none of my friends 680 do it my 670's don't do it though i know it's possible for that to happen with any card Gigabyte especially.
  6. coil whine isn't harmfull or anything and lot of manufactures think it isn't a defect and dont do RMAs because of it. It gets annoying if it's loud though....
  7. Kari said:
    coil whine isn't harmfull or anything and lot of manufactures think it isn't a defect and dont do RMAs because of it. It gets annoying if it's loud though....
    Very true i wouldn't put up with it considering the cost of the card i tell the manufacture off and troll them with daily calls lol until they exchanged it but your right it doesn't hurt it's performance :)
  8. Ya true that it's $449. I'm sending it back today.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Defect Gigabyte Graphics