Status
Not open for further replies.

dienan47

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hi Guys!

On my way to build a gaming rig in a few days. My budget is limited.

I did a lot of research before buying and I came to know that the graphics card I was going to buy (ASUS GTX 650) wasn't worth the money and wasn't going to give the power I needed. I want to play games like Fallout:New Vegas, Dragon Age:Origins,Mass Effect Triology, Splinter Cell:Conviction, Crysis 2. I don't want to run Crysis 2 in 1920x1080 with all the settings that would bring a card to its knees. Say I'd run Metro 2033 with no MSAA or Vsync, settings on medium and resolution on 1080p/720p.

In another forum some good folks told me that I should go for a AMD Radeon HD 7850 card and this card would be the best choice for my needs. I don't know if this card is available in my country (I can always get one from the net but I need a place to claim the warranty in a bad situation). I can ask one of the stores to get one for me, but I just want to be sure before spending some big money on a card. I can go for $190-$195 at this time.

Here's my other hardware,

Intel Core i3 3220 3.3Ghz (I will upgrade to i7 in 5-6 months)
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 1600 Mhz
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Will I be able to play Meto, Crysis 2 in a decent resolution while maintaining a good FPS?

Thanks in advance.

dienan47

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thank you for the replies. Now I'm sure what to buy. I was so sure, i was going to buy the 650 if I didn't do any research. Thanks again.

Can you also tell me how much would a factory 7850 and a bit overclocked 7850 would cost. I don't know much about overclocking. Only a little bit that it requires more power and generates more heat when overclocked. Simply trading power for performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.