Error Msg: NVIDIA Has not passed Windows Logo Testing

I downloaded/upgraded NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA's website
but i get this error message: "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
with AGP8X has not passed Windows Logo Testing to verify
its compatibility with Windows XP" when i attempted to
install it.

Now I cannot run programs (ie. Sims 2) because DirectX is
not working properly with the NVIDIA driver.

Any suggestions please?
8 answers Last reply
More about error nvidia passed windows logo testing

    Hi

    Try installing the latest WHQL drivers instead:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76.html

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "alisa" <agathagrimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I downloaded/upgraded NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA's website
    > but i get this error message: "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
    > with AGP8X has not passed Windows Logo Testing to verify
    > its compatibility with Windows XP" when i attempted to
    > install it.
    >
    > Now I cannot run programs (ie. Sims 2) because DirectX is
    > not working properly with the NVIDIA driver.
    >
    > Any suggestions please?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    hello, and thank you for your response.

    it seems i need a driver that is a DirectX 9.0c
    compatible version. i'm also getting the same error with
    the WHQL, (this time, in Internet Explorer) that the

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Hi

    v 61.76 (WHQL) worked OK here with DirectX 9.0c - so did v 61.77 (Non-WHQL).
    Have you tried uninstalling your graphics card via Device Manager,
    rebooting, then installing drivers.

    --

    > hello, and thank you for your response.
    >
    > it seems i need a driver that is a DirectX 9.0c
    > compatible version. i'm also getting the same error with
    > the WHQL, (this time, in Internet Explorer) that the

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Is your MX440 an 8x AGP or the 4x AGP?
    Also the latest drivers are NOT 61.76 they are 61.77
    Also when you get the error, click install anyway.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
    Latest drivers and NOT 61.76
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Yep, you have to install DirectX 9.0C
    then reboot and install the Nvidia drivers.
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Hi

    The latest WHQL Nvidia drivers are 61.76. BTW - the latest drivers are
    66.81.

    --

    "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
    > Is your MX440 an 8x AGP or the 4x AGP?
    > Also the latest drivers are NOT 61.76 they are 61.77
    > Also when you get the error, click install anyway.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    The latest WHQL drivers are 61.76. Latest non-WHQL drivers are 66.81.

    --

    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
    > Latest drivers and NOT 61.76

Drivers Device Driver Nvidia Windows XP