Unable to find secondary video card after format

JesusNinja

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hello,

I recently format my laptop (timelineX 3830TG) and it has a second video card (Nvidia 540M)that I can't locate to install the drivers and when I try to download the drivers directly from Nvidia's site it says it can't be located.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

when you do a clean format and not a system restore most times when video cards and other devices are not found is due to the motherboard chipset drivers are missing. i would go to intel web page if the laptop uses an intel chipset and let intel driver update run and update the chipset. if it says there fine i would download the newest ones and install and reboot. also with laptops with combo video cards make sure in the bios both are on and bios is not set to max energy settings. most times if it is it turn off the other gpu chipset. if the gpu chipset is one and the intel chipset drivers are installed and the nvidia drivers on the laptop web page wont install. check to see if they have a control driver that has to be installed first. sometime they have a bios control driver or you may have to use a f key to turn the other gpu on. why i say the mb gpu driver is some vendors dont use stock gpu bios and the nvidia driver wont see the laptop gpu. (happens with dell/hp/compaq laptops where you have to wait for the vendor to re write the driver for there hardware.)