Sign in with
Your question

New monitor for my build, various problems.

Last response: in Systems
December 27, 2012 7:00:45 AM

I picked up the BenQ XL2420T and it seemed like a great monitor, but I have various question and problems.

It came with a disk, that supposedly had drivers for it, yet nothing was asked for me to install when I put it in. The BenQ website doesn't have drivers to download. All it has on the disk is manuals and info and a "Auto.exe : Test pattern to optimize your monitors auto-calibrate function." Then when I go to run the test, it tells me to

"Step 1 : Click and execute the file "auto.exe".
Step 2 : Press any of the control keys to bring up the hot key menu. Select Menu to enter the main menu.
Step 3 : Go to Display and Auto Adjustment."

The "Display" section is greyed out and I can't even enter it!

Now, I haven't had the time to play through all my games, but I was thoroughly disappointed when I hopped on Arma 2 (dayZ) to notice that everything looks washed out and blurry. It's nothing but an eyesore in every direction, exactly what I was hoping to avoid when spending $400+ on a monitor.

That's not even the BIG problem. I noticed as I played more, that the screen would randomly change tints. Like if I'm looking around randomly the horizon would change from orange to purple to grey to normal really quickly before setting into the proper color. This probably happened every 10-20 minutes and got annoying fast. The darker it got (in the game) the more intense and noticeable this was. It would start flashing dark purple randomly. Then when it got really dark in the game, the entire game just went purple tint and wouldn't go back to normal.

More about : monitor build problems

December 27, 2012 11:58:40 AM

Have you tried using any buttons built into the monitor, assuming that there are any? Most monitors have auto-adjust buttons build into the side or bottom.

Have you called the monitor tech support? If you just bought the monitor, it's almost certainly under warranty and you can simply exchange it.
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 27, 2012 1:26:39 PM

Read the *** manual! "The XL2420T comes with a stylish S Switch. This distinct remote controller comes with three preset buttons so you're able to customize and save your display settings for gaming, work or entertainment purposes. Use the scroll button on the S Switch to quickly navigate and change the OSD settings. It eliminates the tedious process of adjusting your monitor settings. Now switching seamlessly between the presets is as easy as 1-2-3."
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
December 27, 2012 1:31:28 PM

hmm. didnt have to do anything with my asus monitor. just plugged it in and it worked
m
l
December 27, 2012 10:39:00 PM

I phoned them and was left on hold for 30 minutes to be told that they aren't available at that time. Then I did live chat and the guy took over an hour to tell me what I already knew then the chat expired because he took forever to reply to me. *sigh* I'm going to email them and if they don't get this sorted out soon I'm going to take it back. This is absolutely ridiculous and I should never have to deal with this bull *** in the first place. If there's anyone else that owns this monitor that could help me out that would be great.

Are there any other decent 120hz monitors out there in case I decide to take it back where you don't have to deal with this crap?
m
l
December 27, 2012 11:41:41 PM

Doesn't it say 75hz not 120hz?
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 28, 2012 12:01:36 AM

3d monitors always run at 120hz
m
l
!