Will I get a bang for my buck with this build?

I found this and I think it's good for the price, but I want a second opinion.

Configuration Price $1554 AUS Dollar
Core Components
CPU Intel S1155 Core i5 3570K 3.40Ghz Quad Core CPU UNLOCKED
Motherboard ASUS S1155 MicroATX P8Z77-M Motherboard
Desktop Memory DDR3 8GB (2x4G) Geil 1750Mhz RAM Kit (PN GEP38GB1750C9DC)
Removable Memory FDD/Card Reader Mount 3.5" To 5.25" Black
Removable Memory Internal All-in-1 Memory Card Reader Black
SSD Drive 256GB OCZ 2.5" Agility 4 SATA 6Gb/s SSD Drive PN OCZ-AGT4-25SAT3-256G
Hard Drives (3.5") 1TB Seagate 3.5" 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s HDD PN ST1000DM003
Video Card NVIDIA GTX660 2GB Gigabyte PCIe Video Card PN N660OC-2GD
Case Corsair ATX Carbide 200R Compact Case Black (No PSU) PN CC200R
Power Supply 700 Watt Thermaltake LitePower Power Supply
Optical Drive DVD Writer Samsung 24x SATA Black
Sound Card Integrated Sound Card
Network Adapter Integrated Network Connection
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM
Office Software Microsoft Office 2010 Starter
Keyboard Logitech Wired K200 USB Media Keyboard PN 920-002688
Cooling 140mm Fractal Silent Series Case Fan
Cooling 120mm Fractal Design Silent Series Case Fan
Cooling Liquid Cooling Corsair Hydro H80 High Performance CPU Cooler
11 answers Last reply
More about will bang buck build
  1. Desktop Memory DDR3 8GB (2x4G) Geil 1750Mhz RAM Kit (PN GEP38GB1750C9DC)
    go with DDR3 1600 from corsair/gskill

    Power Supply 700 Watt Thermaltake LitePower Power Supply
    go with 600-750W from corsair/xfx/antec/seasonic

    termaltake is not PSU maker

    anyway graet taste of build dude... :)
  2. I agree with the above post, you or whoever did a great job picking these parts out as your essentially right in that sweetspot for bang for buck. Yes though I'd swap out the ram for either a 1600mhz or 1866mhz G.skill or Corsair memory kit. Both of those companies make great memory kits and either one will leave you satisfied. The 1750mhz ram is weird and that speed is nearly unheard of so you're likely to run into problems with it.
    The power supply isn't bad although honestly it's way more than you need for these parts, look for a nice quality Corsair PSU, Seasonic and Coolermaster also make good PSU's and Seasonic actually supplies Corsair with some of their PSU's.
  3. AMD Radeon said:
    Desktop Memory DDR3 8GB (2x4G) Geil 1750Mhz RAM Kit (PN GEP38GB1750C9DC)
    go with DDR3 1600 from corsair/gskill

    Power Supply 700 Watt Thermaltake LitePower Power Supply
    go with 600-750W from corsair/xfx/antec/seasonic

    termaltake is not PSU maker

    anyway graet taste of build dude... :)


    replacing the ram and psu with these (DDR3 8GB (2x4G) Corsair 1600MHz Vengeance CL9 RAM Kit PN CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 and 650 Watt Corsair TX650 v2 Power Supply) brings the price to $1545 AUS Dollar.
  4. ^ great choice, those 2 are exactly i want to offer lol
  5. mailman59 said:
    I found this and I think it's good for the price, but I want a second opinion.

    Configuration Price $1554 AUS Dollar
    Core Components
    CPU Intel S1155 Core i5 3570K 3.40Ghz Quad Core CPU UNLOCKED
    Motherboard ASUS S1155 MicroATX P8Z77-M Motherboard
    Desktop Memory DDR3 8GB (2x4G) Geil 1750Mhz RAM Kit (PN GEP38GB1750C9DC)
    Removable Memory FDD/Card Reader Mount 3.5" To 5.25" Black
    Removable Memory Internal All-in-1 Memory Card Reader Black
    SSD Drive 256GB OCZ 2.5" Agility 4 SATA 6Gb/s SSD Drive PN OCZ-AGT4-25SAT3-256G
    Hard Drives (3.5") 1TB Seagate 3.5" 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s HDD PN ST1000DM003
    Video Card NVIDIA GTX660 2GB Gigabyte PCIe Video Card PN N660OC-2GD
    Case Corsair ATX Carbide 200R Compact Case Black (No PSU) PN CC200R
    Power Supply 700 Watt Thermaltake LitePower Power Supply
    Optical Drive DVD Writer Samsung 24x SATA Black
    Sound Card Integrated Sound Card
    Network Adapter Integrated Network Connection
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM
    Office Software Microsoft Office 2010 Starter
    Keyboard Logitech Wired K200 USB Media Keyboard PN 920-002688
    Cooling 140mm Fractal Silent Series Case Fan
    Cooling 120mm Fractal Design Silent Series Case Fan
    Cooling Liquid Cooling Corsair Hydro H80 High Performance CPU Cooler


    not sure how this would affect the price but; personally i would step down to a 128gb solid state drive and upgrade to a 66ti or even a 7950
  6. Lord Tumnas said:
    not sure how this would affect the price but; personally i would step down to a 128gb solid state drive and upgrade to a 66ti or even a 7950


    changing to the 660ti adds an extra $100 but what difference does it make.
  7. 660ti is noticably faster than the 660, look at the benchmarks
  8. a HD7950 and a 128GB solid state should come to the same price as the 660 and 256GB
  9. Lord Tumnas said:
    a HD7950 and a 128GB solid state should come to the same price as the 660 and 256GB


    The HD7950 is $10 cheaper then the 660ti and the 128GB is $55 cheaper than the 256GB.
  10. righteo then, we must have different prefered companies, carry on
  11. ok. Thanks for your help :)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems