cd-rom/rw not properly. please help...

hi to anyone who can help me. my cd-rom/rw isnt working
properly. i am able to play audio CDs that were burned to
a cd-r but when i insert a pre-recorded/copyrighted audio
cd,i am given the message that there is no disk in drive.

the same thing happens when i try to use one of my game
software CDs. the cd-rom is simply not ackowledging that
theres a disk in the drive.

when i browse to the drive by using windows explorer,the
drive appears empty as if no disk were inserted.

as well as these issues, i am also unable to burn a cd
using either the build in XP writer, my roxio software,
or my windows media copy feature.

i use a digitalcamera and depend on being able to burn my
images to CD for storage but nothing ive tried since this
issue began a fewmonths ago has worked.

any suggestions greaty appeciated! thanks in advance.

Sounds like a dirty laser lens in the drive itself. Get a CD cleaning kit
and see if it improves. Also ensure the CDs themselves are clean, dust and
fingerprint free.
www.coribright.com