windows xp and overclocking problem

Mol

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
I have a soltek sl75drv2 motherboard with a Athlon XP 1600+. When ever i try to overclock the cpu like setting the fsb to 140Mhz windows xp boots up nicely and everything works fine and it's stable. I can run games, seti etc. But then when reboot the comp i get an error when windows xp starts up. It says that the file \windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt. If i then put back the fsb to 133MHz it will sometimes boot again without doing any thing and sometimes i have to choose to boot from last known good configuration.
What is the problem?

Teaching is the innoculation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mol on 01/28/02 10:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Mol

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
I have done some more experimenting and i have found out that the error only apears when i chose to restart windows. But if i chose to shut down the comp and then turn it on shortly after i get no problems

Teaching is the innoculation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent