Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need your opinions on my new build (will order this evening)

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 27, 2012 12:51:15 PM

Hi guys ,
I am about to order my gaming pc this evening and I want your opinion about all the stuff I put in it.

Case:Zalman Z11 Plus Mid Tower ATX Case Black 4X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS Front USB3.0 & Audio
PowerSupply: XFX 750W PRO750W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze PSU
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V Lk ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA3 SLI DVI HDMI DP USB3.0 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5in SATA3 MCX Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD
Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 980MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card
DVD: Liteon IHAS124 24X DVD Writer SATA Black OEM
Keyboard: Gigabyte Aivia GK-K8100 V.2 Backlight Ghost Macro Engine Wired USB Gaming Keyboard - Glossy Black
Mice: Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel Advance 2 Laser Gaming Mouse USB2.0 8200DPI 8 Button Gray
Monitor: ASUS VS239H-P 23IN Widescreen LED Backlit IPS LCD Monitor Black 5MS HDMI DVI D-Sub

let me know what do you think and if its better that I change something... feel free to tell me !
Thank you so much !!!
December 27, 2012 12:55:23 PM

If you will overclock then i suggest getting Cooler Master 212 EVO cooler for cpu.
If not - get i5-3470.
If you will use cooler, you need low profile RAM, like ripjaws z or ares.
I'd suggest samsung 840 or 840pro
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 12:57:41 PM

I like your choices.

I assume your using an existing HDD for mass storage.
You should also get an aftermarket cooler since your likely going to be be overclocking, would suggest the CM Hyper 212 Evo as a cost effective choice, or the Noctua NH-D14 if you want/require a stronger cooler.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 27, 2012 1:10:02 PM

butremor said:
If you will overclock then i suggest getting Cooler Master 212 EVO cooler for cpu.
If not - get i5-3470.
If you will use cooler, you need low profile RAM, like ripjaws z or ares.
I'd suggest samsung 840 or 840pro


yes i will overclock it but not for now , this is my first build ever and i want to take my time to build it perfectly before oc...
at stock speed im supposed to run my games maxed out so theres no need to oc now for me.


I search review and Versus between 830 and 840 ... and it seems that the 830 is faster than 840... slower than 840 pro... so its a good compromise for me...
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 1:13:50 PM

Avenged7x said:
I like your choices.

I assume your using an existing HDD for mass storage.
You should also get an aftermarket cooler since your likely going to be be overclocking, would suggest the CM Hyper 212 Evo as a cost effective choice, or the Noctua NH-D14 if you want/require a stronger cooler.


yes I have a 1 TB HDD waiting in my closet ! :wahoo: 

and yes I will oc ... but like i said , I want to build it nicely first after im gonna search to get more information on the forum to oc it perfectly !
thanks for the suggestion for the cooler ! really appreciated...

so except form the low profile memory... everything else is good ?

do you know if the monitor is good aswell ? its an IPS
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 1:26:43 PM

Yes thats a good choice for the ram. Ripjaws also has a low-profile option, as well as other G.Skill low-profile series such as Ares or Sniper.

Your monitor choice also seems to review well for a well priced IPS.
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 3:23:03 PM

up up need to order :p 
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 3:36:05 PM

I like g.skill more ^
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 3:41:54 PM

butremor said:
I like g.skill more ^



corsair is 1600 mhz and the g.skill 1866... no prob to take the 1866 ? i know thats its supported on my mb !
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 3:57:43 PM

I've had good luck with gskill myself. Nice quality selections on parts too. The stock cooler will do fine till you want to overclock, but for the little money extra I'd go ahead and buy the Cooler Master 212 EVO. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you have to immediately overclock. And it's simpler not having to tear into your pc again just to install a heatsink/fan :)  .
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 4:01:09 PM

Swordkd said:
I've had good luck with gskill myself. Nice quality selections on parts too. The stock cooler will do fine till you want to overclock, but for the little money extra I'd go ahead and buy the Cooler Master 212 EVO. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you have to immediately overclock. And it's simpler not having to tear into your pc again just to install a heatsink/fan :)  .


it is so true !! I need to buy thermal compound because of what i saw .. the evo 212 doesnt come with it pre apply ...
m
0
l

Best solution

December 27, 2012 4:49:54 PM

jay337 said:
it is so true !! I need to buy thermal compound because of what i saw .. the evo 212 doesnt come with it pre apply ...


Agree with this, I would buy the cooler now to only have to go thru one heatsink installation.
The Evo should come with a small tube of decent thermal compound (My 212 + did)
Share
December 27, 2012 4:56:31 PM

perfect !! the guy from g skill support just told me that the ripjaw x work great under aftermarket heatsink... im little bit confused now lol
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 5:25:58 PM

I can't speak on the ASUS mobo you've chosen, but its a popular choice here so someone else will likely be able to confirm that.

However the Ripjaws X does fit under my Hyper 212+ on my Gigabyte UD3H.
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 5:41:05 PM

Avenged7x said:
I can't speak on the ASUS mobo you've chosen, but its a popular choice here so someone else will likely be able to confirm that.

However the Ripjaws X does fit under my Hyper 212+ on my Gigabyte UD3H.


sweet and just add to my cart the ripjaws x 2x4gb 1600 mhz CL8-8-8-24 at 1.5volt ddr3 :) 
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 5:51:49 PM

didn't notice gskill was 1866.
I'm not sure cpu can make use of that mhz, usually in all the builds around here top mhz is 1600
m
0
l
December 27, 2012 6:18:16 PM

this is what i choose finally

ripjaws x 2x4gb 1600 mhz CL8-8-8-24 at 1.5volt ddr3
m
0
l
January 2, 2013 11:55:18 PM

Best answer selected by Jay337.
m
0
l
!