How does the newegg RMA process work?

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
i got my computer set up, and tested it and discovered the PSU was dead. when it came it came in a small box within a larger box with the rest of my components. i lost the small box. on the newegg website is states that the PSU has to return with all of its packaging. does this mean i cannot RMA my PSU? or can i just send it in the bigger box that everything else came in.

G

It means it has to come with all the accessories that the PSU would normally include, all the cables, etc.

It doesnt mean all the boxes that it came in. Just ship the PSU and all cables in a regular box back to them.

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

well all the cables are attached to the PSU so thats not an issue. thanks.

EDIT: i found the smaller box. can i actually just ship it back in its original box?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes. If you found the original (smaller) box the power supply came in, you should be able to put the defective PSU into the original box and then place the original box into a larger shipping box (with packaging materials to avoid additional damaging) and RMA back to Newegg.

-Wolf sends

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

yes i know that i should get it from newegg directly but this way is faster and like you said, plenty of people have done this before

no matter, i got the RMA issued and the shipping label, so im all good now