Old Microsoft Office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phyllisweb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hello,
My old Office 2003 is unable to work normally on new Windows 64 bit Dell. Old files (transferred from old computer) and New Documents created on new computer using Word fail to open immediately and require User Account action from winword.exe every time I try to open any document (several steps). Any way to resolve this short of buying Office 2010?

Phyllisweb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Thanks for these replies. I checked properties and found I have SP3 installed (from a CD). Hearing that so many others have working progarams is encouraging. Do you also have Windows 2010 starter installed, or did you remove it (and was that before you installed 2003 or after).

Phyllisweb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hi All,
Thank you for your helpful replies. After analysis, I decided that this was all beyond me, and although I had already consulted Dell several times about this issue, and things only got worse, I tried once more. A sales supervisor at Dell went through and confirmed all your suggestions, but they were all in operation already. So back to the tech people. I turned my computer over to a sweet, knowledgeable young gal in Southern India who took over the computer and spent two hours checking out everything. She finally found a registry error (don't know what that means) and fixed it (something the previous three techs could not really do). Since then every program works correctly. Hooray!
Thanks for all your advice
Phyllis

Status
Not open for further replies.