New build froze, now not working

iknowDavenMC

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hi,

Built a new system recently. The components can be found here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/374657-31-comparable-store-bought

Computer was built about five days ago, has been running very well. Last night, I was running Pro Tools (audio software) and everything froze. The computer was not unfreezing, so I turned the PC off with the power button. I waited and then rebooted, but here's what happened (and continues to happen) when I turn on the PC:

All components seem to work. Fans spin, MOBO lights turn on, GPU lights turn on, USB devices connected to the MOBO "power up" (USB powered external hardrive starts to run). However, nothing happens on the screen, I don't get the usual MOBO screen that first appears. After about 8-10 seconds, my computer (on its own) shuts off, and after a few seconds starts a second boot but still nothing shows up on the screen. This second boot goes on forever without anything actually happening on screen.

During the initial boot (me pressing the power button), the Fractal Design Define R4 case light (blue LED in the front of the case) will flash, but when the computer reboots on its own, no flashing occurs.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks

Try unplugging the power supply and removing the round "button" battery from the motherboard for a few seconds to reset the bios, then press it back in the holder. If the system boots, you may notice an increase in fan speed; you may have to reset (in the bios) the boot order, recalibrate the smartfan setting in the hardware monitor section, save and exit using f10. Then I would uninstall the Pro tools software to prevent any other problems. To uninstall, use the "programs and features" section of windows control panel.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
If u r system (processor,gpu,smps)fan has any damage the system overheat quickly so protect from more damage the system shutdown without any error message like bluescreen message.
so check all fans are working correctly.
reinsert gpu.
check monitor is working correctly.reset moniter settings to default.check moniter cable is working correctly in other systems.

iknowDavenMC

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
@hytecgowthaman Thanks for the reply. Could the heat sink be a problem? When the PC was working normally the CPU temp hovered around 35 degrees Celsius which is normal, but maybe there's a problem with the thermal paste. I ask because the fans all seem to be working properly.

iknowDavenMC

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
@ o1die Thanks for the reply, I'll try what you suggested. However, uninstalling Pro Tools is not really an option because I need to use the software. Also, I ran it on an older computer with no problems so I don't understand why it shouldn't work now.