LCD Monitor or Video Card?

toddjones

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Recently one of my monitors (i use 2) has been having some issues with blurring and some screen tearing, regardless of what I do on the monitor. I've had this monitor for years and havent changed video cards, so I think they're compatible. The tearing and blurring only occurs on one of my two monitors, the other is perfectly fine. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

IhKzt.jpg

Is the monitor dying? Can I fix this or do I have to replace?

You can get a cheap 120hz one or you can get a good one - they're fairly exclusive. The one that I love to death is the BenQ something something -T (The TX is the same thing for $100 more with a built in ir emitter for nvidia glasses.)

toddjones

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Ok so I was fidgeting with both wire connections of the monitors and something was preventing the main monitor from connecting fully...theres still some screen tearing but its minimal now; albeit noticeable. Could it be because of the VGA adapter i'm using?

Sorry for silly question I guess, I unplugged and replugged the wires before but nothign changed so I had already ruled that out :/