LCD Monitor or Video Card?

Recently one of my monitors (i use 2) has been having some issues with blurring and some screen tearing, regardless of what I do on the monitor. I've had this monitor for years and havent changed video cards, so I think they're compatible. The tearing and blurring only occurs on one of my two monitors, the other is perfectly fine. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

Is the monitor dying? Can I fix this or do I have to replace?
10 answers Last reply
More about monitor video card
  1. Looks like a monitor to me. Does it appear on the screenshots? If not, it's the monitor for sure.
  2. No it doesn't appear on screenshots, do you know if there is any way to fix it? Perhaps lower contrast or something?
  3. And if I should replace, any suggestions for a good monitor? Hoping for a cheap 120hz one.
  4. I am not really experienced in fixing monitors. Is it still under warranty? If not, I'm afraid you'll have to get a new one. Where are you from?
  5. Could just be a poor connection or bad lead as well, remove and refit the cables to that monitor-both ends ;),. Also try swapping the leads over to see if the fault follows.
  6. toddjones said:
    And if I should replace, any suggestions for a good monitor? Hoping for a cheap 120hz one.

You can get a cheap 120hz one or you can get a good one - they're fairly exclusive. The one that I love to death is the BenQ something something -T (The TX is the same thing for $100 more with a built in ir emitter for nvidia glasses.)
  7. Ok so I was fidgeting with both wire connections of the monitors and something was preventing the main monitor from connecting fully...theres still some screen tearing but its minimal now; albeit noticeable. Could it be because of the VGA adapter i'm using?

Sorry for silly question I guess, I unplugged and replugged the wires before but nothign changed so I had already ruled that out :/
  8. Yep, it can in fact be because of a VGA adapter - they tend to not be all that reliable.
  9. ^ Like the man (woman?) says, adaptors are not always perfect, I needed to get two before I could get my brothers setup to display properly on a known, fault free monitor.
  10. Check your pins as well on the connector. could be a bent or missing pin.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards LCD Monitor Monitors Graphics