Will this 7950 fit into my cabinet?

rohit32407

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
I have a NZXT Gamma cabinet and I was hoping to get a Saphhire 7950 3 GB With Boost edition GPU. But I don't know if my cabinet has enough space to accommodate it. There is no way i can afford a new GPU along with a new cabinet at this moment and since I have already sold my old GPU, I need a new GPU desperately. If this isn't going to fit then can I fit a MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition into it? Although I am a little skeptical about PE because of all these overvolting reports.

Solution
On paper this is what it says

For the case:
"High end graphics card support, the Gamma features space that is especially designed to fit longer 10." cards"

And I found 5 variations of your card on newegg and the lengths go:

So it looks like there is a half an inch of overlap. I'm going to say, it *may* be possible to cram it in there but on paper it's a no go. It's going to come down to the design of the card.
On paper this is what it says

For the case:
"High end graphics card support, the Gamma features space that is especially designed to fit longer 10." cards"

And I found 5 variations of your card on newegg and the lengths go:

So it looks like there is a half an inch of overlap. I'm going to say, it *may* be possible to cram it in there but on paper it's a no go. It's going to come down to the design of the card.

Solution

rohit32407

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
I read this review of NZXT gamma (here is the link http://www.bonafidereviews.com/nzxt-gamma-classic-series-pc-case/ ) . In this review he has got this calbre gtx 260 card installed. I don't know it's dimesnions but it sure looks big. I had a ASUS GTX 560 installed in this case with about 1.5-2 inches to spare so i guess I will be safer with GTX 660Ti PE. How does a GTX 660Ti PE fair when compared to a 7950? I have no intention of using more than 1 monitor so gaming resolution will be 1920x1080. This rig is primarily for gaming purpose only.

Here's the thing - I have a 670 in my Gamma Classic, and love it - no space issues.

If you do have space issues, though, you know the hard drive bays that the I/O panel cables come through? You can remove those, and fit ANY card in there.

EDIT: It will fit, but you might have to do a little modding the hard way. Personally, I'd go for it anyways.

fy003

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

Well I am stuck with the same cabinet and I have just ordered sapphire vapor-x 7950. Please inform me if the card finally did fit in the gamma cabinet without much hassle.

Kind of urgent, would be nice if you reply quick.
Thanks in advance.