Solved

Will this 7950 fit into my cabinet?

I have a NZXT Gamma cabinet and I was hoping to get a Saphhire 7950 3 GB With Boost edition GPU. But I don't know if my cabinet has enough space to accommodate it. There is no way i can afford a new GPU along with a new cabinet at this moment and since I have already sold my old GPU, I need a new GPU desperately. If this isn't going to fit then can I fit a MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition into it? Although I am a little skeptical about PE because of all these overvolting reports.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will 7950 cabinet
  1. It's goign to be a TIGHT squeeze depending on what that last half inch is on the graphics card. I'm not trying to persuade you away from anything but personally I wouldn't try it.
  2. Best answer
    On paper this is what it says

For the case:
    "High end graphics card support, the Gamma features space that is especially designed to fit longer 10." cards"

And I found 5 variations of your card on newegg and the lengths go:

So it looks like there is a half an inch of overlap. I'm going to say, it *may* be possible to cram it in there but on paper it's a no go. It's going to come down to the design of the card.
  3. Well this Saphhire 7950 3 GB with Boost is somewhere around 11.4"

and

MSI GTX 660Ti PE= 10.4"

So you would advice me not to take the risk then?
  4. i don't think the 7950 will fit of course you can always call customer service and ask or risk it worse thing that can happen you'll have to buy a new case
  5. I read this review of NZXT gamma (here is the link http://www.bonafidereviews.com/nzxt-gamma-classic-series-pc-case/ ) . In this review he has got this calbre gtx 260 card installed. I don't know it's dimesnions but it sure looks big. I had a ASUS GTX 560 installed in this case with about 1.5-2 inches to spare so i guess I will be safer with GTX 660Ti PE. How does a GTX 660Ti PE fair when compared to a 7950? I have no intention of using more than 1 monitor so gaming resolution will be 1920x1080. This rig is primarily for gaming purpose only.
  6. Here's the thing - I have a 670 in my Gamma Classic, and love it - no space issues.

If you do have space issues, though, you know the hard drive bays that the I/O panel cables come through? You can remove those, and fit ANY card in there.

EDIT: It will fit, but you might have to do a little modding the hard way. Personally, I'd go for it anyways.
  7. Best answer selected by rohit32407.
  8. Your welcome anytime bud it's no problem enjoy!
  9. thanks alot bigcyco1 for all your help and suggestions.
  10. rohit32407 said:
    thanks alot bigcyco1 for all your help and suggestions.

Well I am stuck with the same cabinet and I have just ordered sapphire vapor-x 7950. Please inform me if the card finally did fit in the gamma cabinet without much hassle.

Kind of urgent, would be nice if you reply quick.
    Thanks in advance.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon GPUs Gamma Graphics