Wtf? My graphics card is flipping tits!

StrangeInstance

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
I`m using an XFX 7950 3GB at stock settings with 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, i3 2100 3.1ghz stock, and I`m running bf3, low settings, I forgot resolution but slightly under 1080p, and I have anti-alaising and all of those things off, in BF3 I`m getting a crazy 25ish fps, remember this is on low settings!

Any ideas as of wtf?

Btw: Drivers are up to date.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

what cpu do you have. it doesnt matter what gpu you have if you have a low end cpu.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

ahhh my oversight gets me again.

So have you tried turning the settings higher then low? as you lower the settings the more work the cpu has to do and you have a lower end cpu for bf3. bf3 lovers 4+ core cpus.

got a lot of demand running off that 2 barrel carburetor. why you would buy a huge GPU for the sake of a cheap CPU is beyond me..... although I can run flawlessly on a 775 quad core and a lesser card.........

did you try updating Origin ? and what do you have for an internet connection speed ? and are there any programs running in the background while you are trying to game ?

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I just bought a new Sapphire HD7950. I first used driver sweeper then I used Driver fusion after that to get rid of all my old cataylst drivers from my old HD5850. Do that in safe mode. Then installed the 12.11 drivers. I get around 70 or so FPS in BF3. I o/c'd as well. Hope that helps.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009

Well, I just based it off my personal experience. I just deleted all the AMD display drivers. And it worked for me.

Kari

Splendid

it is.... if it is hitting 100 then thats it, it cant do the math any faster...

edit thou it could also be overheating and throttling down, hows the temps on the cpu?