Will These PC Parts Work Well Together?

ILackCreativity

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I've finally decided to build a gaming computer, but I need some insight on whether or not these parts will work. The specs are currently as follows:

Intel i5-2500K Processor
500w Certified 80 PLUS Power supply
Seagate Barracude 2TB 3.5'' 7200RPM 6GB/s Hard Drive
Old, reused Samsung CD Burner (I will use a USB CD/DVD Burner that I already have for DVD's)
Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
Ripjaws 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
Biostar TZ77XE3 ATX Motherboard
Extra 120mm Case fan which will be mounted in the case near the power supply
PNY GTX 660 Ti Graphics Card
802.11 300mbps PCI wi-fi card

I'm kind of on a semi-tight budget (~$650) so really all of the parts were on sale at Newegg, Tigerdirect, etc. I do not plan on ever overclocking (I only bought the i5-2500K because it was $150 at Microcenter) but do intend to upgrade my PSU and SLI the GTX 660 Ti's later. Will this game play almost all games maxed out, becauseI hope to be able to play online first-person shooters such as Battlefield 3 with at least an average of 40 FPS using a 1920x1080 resolution. Also, would there be any issues in terms of the PC working if the motherboard has USB 3.0 but the Antec Three Hundred Case only has 2 2.0 ports in front? Also, the 660 Ti requires 2 6-pins, but my power supply has one 6-pin and one 6+2 pin, so would it work? Thanks!

To note, I have already purchased the power supply, motherboard, extra fan case, hard drive, RAM, processor, and case, but not the graphics card (sells for $180) and Wi-fi card (My internet is capable of 300 mbps).

You're using some older tech there...

Why not get an i5-3570k? You're already buying a z77 motherboard, so why would you get the older, slower tech? (And if you're not overclocking, why not save more money by getting an ivy bridge non-k processor and an h77 board? Makes a lot more sense.)

What brand is that power supply? It makes a BIG difference.

I would advise not going with 660ti's in SLI. Yes, your power supply can run one of them fine for now, but that card is on the border of what's beneficial to SLI. I personally would recommend saving up for a 670. (Oh, and either way, buy a different brand - PNY isn't the most reliable / best manufacturer.)

ILackCreativity

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Like I stated, I'm on a tight budget and since hte i5-2500K was only $150 at microcenter, I decided to buy that can save $60.

Thank you for the 660 Ti SLI advice. I guess I will upgrade to a new graphics card in a few years then.