I helped a friend with a PC build and the PC will not boot. When the power is pressed, it does turn on but nothing shows up on the monitor.
1. I checked the cables twice.
2. Checked the ram with memtest with no problems.
3. Tried booting with working ram from my PC.
4. Tried booting with ram in different slots and a single stick at a time.
4. Tested the gpu with my PC. Works Perfectly.
5. Used my power supply from my PC to power his. Turns on but nothing is shown on monitor.
6. Checked the cables twice again.
7. Unplugged HD and DVD drive since I only want to see the motherboard bios. No success.
8. Plugged my motherboard speaker into the new motherboard. No success.
9. Flipped the speaker in the motherboard. Still no success.
The only parts I haven't tested are the Hard Drive, DVD Drive, CPU, and Motherboard. But even with unplugging the Hard Drive and DVD Drive, the bios wont show. I believe there is a problem with the motherboard since there was no sound from the speaker and there was a crackly noise when I inserted ram in 2/4 of the slots.Are there any other thoughts? This is my second build and I can't seem to get it to work. I also followed the steps fromhttp://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste... . I give my thanks in advance.
If you start the board outside the case with only CPU and CPU fan installed, do you get the error beeps signaling no RAMs installed? Is the CPU fan spinning when starting the board?
When I start with the motherboard outside the case with the CPU, CPU fan, and ram installed there are no beeps. If I take the ram out, there are still no beeps. I tested the ram with me test and it was fine. Also I should note I have never heard a beep from the speaker when installed on the motherboard in the new build. It works with another motherboard so I know its not the speaker.