Upgrading Graphics cards - GTX 470 to ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daratum

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Its been a few years since I've gone about purchasing anything for my rig and I think it's about time I look for a new video card what with Black Friday around the corner.

I'm looking around for a single graphics card in the $250~ range although I wouldn't mind going a bit more if need be.

Solution
EVGA has been one of those companies that consistently produces high quality products and has better customer service than most other companies.

I also agree that MSI or Asus are also brands you should seriously look at. Basically, when Black Friday comes around, just look for the one with the cheapest price cuz you can't go wrong with those 3 brands.
7870 or a GTX660, if you want to stay with Nvidia go with MSI or Asus as they are much less likely to have problems and offer great cooling. Gigabyte sometimes makes great cards (pcb) that are true work horses. As for AMD 7850/70 don't buy XFX or HIS due to their build quality (inductor issue) and HIS makes some crappy cards as it is.

Daratum

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010

Ive always been a Nvidia man so I might lean towards that. Do you know if EVGA should be avoided?

fudoka711

Distinguished
EVGA has been one of those companies that consistently produces high quality products and has better customer service than most other companies.

I also agree that MSI or Asus are also brands you should seriously look at. Basically, when Black Friday comes around, just look for the one with the cheapest price cuz you can't go wrong with those 3 brands.

Solution

Daratum

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010

Which of the three would you recommend going with? Also I noticed you have a GTX 670 in your rig. How has that treated you so far?

fudoka711

Distinguished
Oh whoops, sorry I didn't answer for a while. I have the EVGA 2GB GTX 670 and it performed extremely well. It also overclocks well, too. I'll admit I'm a little biased towards EVGA since I've been buying their stuff for years now, but they never let me down. I'd stick with a tried and true brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.