4745454b

Titan
One of my idiot co workers went and got the Doom3 bundle for his PS3. He's a funny guy... Some comments he has made to me make me want to smash my/his head in.

"Doom3 at 1080 is great, first time ever you could do this." "No, us PC players have been playing at 1080 for awhile. It only bumped the res and textures for you console people up to what us PC people have been using for years." This is usually followed by rounds of no/yes.

Edit: I just remembered this one... "You couldn't have been playing at 1080, it didn't exist back when Doom3 came out". I replied that just because his TV didn't support 1080 doesn't mean our computer monitors didn't. [/edit]

"If PC people have been playing at 1080 for years, why does counterstrike look so bad?" "Because it was coded with a very old game engine." "So you're going to blame the engine even though you can plat it at 1080?" This one really cracks me up. Like 1080 is some magic god number where no matter the coding everything is supposed to look great simply because its at 1080.

I've tried to explain that the only thing us PC people get is the flash light "fix" and the new levels. Otherwise we don't get a bump in textures or resolution. I swear, some fanbois....

JJ1217

Honorable

I think you mean lowest detail?

i would believe both, they want the least amount of chance to lag in the game when playing.

edit: anyways, the original CS didnt have alot of graphics options, all it had was resolution, how the game will be coded(opengl, software etc) and color bit rate(16 bit/32 bit)