I am about to build a new gaming pc, i've never really done something like this and my 'expert ' friends aren't as knowledgable as they think.
I was figuring that parts would be a bit cheaper after christmas to.
Anyway what i need help with is choosing a motherboard and a gpu, and possibly a cpu.
Budget: 1400-2200(preferably closer to the 1800 mark
System usage most to least important: Gaming,
general web browsing, downloading and a bit of school work
I was thinking of using pc case gear as my supplier and possibly msy
Over clocking: eventually
SLI/crossfire: i'm not really sure
Uneeded parts: monitor( im using an oldish panasonic tv), keyboard mouse
anyway this is what i was thinking, though its probably all wrong
2. Add a cpu cooler like a cm hyper212. It will run cooler and quieter, letting you OC the 3570K easier and higher.
3. I think the sabretooth is overpriced. Most any Z77 based motherboard will do the job for much less.
4. Since you have the funds, I like the GTX680.
Some will suggest that a much less expensive GTX670 will come close to the GTX680.
And... I prefer the cards with a direct exhaust cooler. They get heat directly out of the case.
EVGA makes some good ones.
5. Ram is cheap, I have no problem with 16gb, but since no game, by itself will use more than 2-3gb, a 8gb kit will do the job.
Buy low profile ram to clear any cpu cooler, and DDR3 1600 is as fast in FPS as higher priced ram.
6. My preferred SSD brands are Intel and Samsung. Their purchasers seem more satisfied.
7. You did not mention a monitor. Consider a 2560 x 1440 monitor. Yes, they are expensive, but they will be good for several gaming builds.