Sign in with
Your question

7950 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 11, 2012 7:39:21 AM

Hi there I brought a sapphire 7950 vapour x which I seem to be having strange problems with
When I first installed it I formatted HDD and reinstalled everything ,and since then my startup has been going very slow ,PC generally going slow and problems with games the main game I have been playing is xcom in which I have had problems with the multi layered ships (which was the only actual graphic issue) crashes/very long load times or pauses in game and also things dissapering/not displaying correctly like my chance to hit the alien displaying 1% and no health/damage counter above my soldiers when shot ,I changed back to my 5830 and most of the issues there went away but the game still crashed ,also in the switcher 2 I couldn't talk to anyone in a village and minimap vanished
Unfortunately I can't RMA this card so I have tested it with
Atitool for over 1.5 h and had no issues with exelent temps only 53c with fan at only 43%
I also tested it on 3d mark11 twice once right after the 1.5h of anti tool and yet again no issues and scored about 7800 GPU score which is average for 7950
So I was wondering if it could be something else or I am doing something wrong here
I am running the latest drivers
And have a 650w xfx XXX PSU
Win 64bit

More about : 7950 problem

a c 76 U Graphics card
November 11, 2012 8:21:08 AM

It's not the gpu if you can't talk to people. You have some sort if system issue. check temps, run prime 95, run memtest, and run chkdsk /r and sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt.

November 12, 2012 2:30:40 AM

Temps are fine after 1h prime95 my CPU was at a maximum on 62c
Skndsk /r found no errors and memtest86 also found no errors
I also ran fur mark on a 15 main 1080 test and had no issues with heat (GPU Max was 55c)and the score was good also

I am stumped as there seems to be nothing wrong but its just not working right .....
I might try to install win 7 32bit tommorow as I only have 4gb of ram and I have read 64 can be a pain sometimes
If anyone has any other ideas I would be happy to try them
!