Need Info on two Monitors

Darieu

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Morning,

I just wanted to find out,

1). If there is a downside on using two monitors.
2). If there is, what it is and how I can go about getting the most out of my system when using two monitors, whether that be upgrading or whatnot.

My current specification is:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-990FXA-UD3
- Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor ~ 3.2GHz
- HDD: The size of my Hard Drive Is quite small, only runs the Operating System and small programs, I use a much larger Drive for Steam, Games, etc.
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD Sapphire 7970
- Memory (RAM): Corsair - 8192MB
- Optical Drive: LG - Blu-ray (BH10LS30)
- PSU (Power Supply): SilverStone (SST-ST85ZF) 850 Watt Power Supply
- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Tower / Case: I have had it for so long I wasn't sure what it was, but upon searching google (Ah Google, how wonderous you are) it appears to be an Antec Three Hundred? Here's a picture in case I am wrong.
http://circuitremix.com/images/140/1.jpg

Thanks.

11PM where I am.

1. Cost of the extra monitor, losing some desk space.

2. You shouldn't need to upgrade the machine to run two monitors, that 7970 is able to support at least two using DVI/HDMI connections, four if you had Displayport compatible monitors.

The main benefit of dual monitors is productivity. Having a word document on the main screen and a browser on the other, so you don't have to swap constantly between them. When video editing you can have the timeline and preview area separate so both can be larger.

It really helps, I have three screens and I always lament their loss when I use a single screen system.

Darieu

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Thank you so much for you reply.
I was worried that it would be something serious like, lowering clocks or whatnot to support multiple monitors.

Having used two monitors now for a few months I feel slightly depressed when forced to work on one.
Watching videos while playing a game, is too much of a luxury.

Thanks once again.