1st build. cheap($500) build. help appreciated

I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Basically, I'm looking to start pc gaming, mostly rpgs(Guild Wars 2, WoW, Path Of Exile, Elder Scrolls Online) and I don't really plan on overclocking or playing everything on super duper ultra max settings but I would like medium/high.

I've watched a few videos about building a budget/entry level gaming rig and I've got a list that I feel is pretty good. But I thought before I take the leap I'd come here and see if I'm doing something wrong and get some help/suggestions.

Here's my list(remember $500 or less):

Case - Fractal Design Core 1000 Micro ATX - $40

CPU - Pentium G860 - $68(From what I've read Intel seems to be the way to go with CPUs but any suggestions for AMD are welcome)

MoBo - GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 - $50(This I'm not so sure about. I like that it's cheap but if I would like to upgrade to a better CPU or get brave enough to OC I feel like there's better out there. I just don't know what to look for)

Ram - Corsair XMS3 4GB - $22

GPU - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition - $120

Power Supply - Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w - $40(If I don't need this much power please recommend better)

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB - $55

DVD/CD - Sony Optiarc - $20

OS - Windows 7 - $92

Again, any suggestions are appreciated and thank you for reading.
1 answer Last reply
More about build cheap build appreciated
  1. Hi. Everything looks compatible. The Micro ATX motherboard fits inside that Micro ATX case but I'm sure you know it won't support an upgrade to a larger ATX one. Is that one stick of memory or two? If two, you might think about getting 4GB stick now so you can add another 4 later since the board only has two slots. I believe the HD 7770 is $105 after rebate on Newegg. You can save money with a better PSU here:

CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ($25 after rebate)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

Or if you want more power and cables for future upgrades, go with this one:

CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W ($30 after promo code and rebate)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

Edit: I forgot to add that you won't be able to overclock with that motherboard but you will be able to upgrade to a better CPU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product