recording video, need a little direction

G

I am preparing for a PC upgrade. I will be using my PC for 3d gaming and digitizing family home movies.

I need some help picking the equipment. I would like to try and double up on the GPU and video recording so I don't have a second baord for video recording. Can I do this.

I'm looking at the ASUS GeForce3 t5 deluxe bundle or depending on the cost in Canada the GeForce 3 deluxe bundle.

Is this a good choice. Both come with ULEAD MPG II software. What formats should I be recording in and what software hardware will I need.

Thanks...Lazz

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
You might be better off with the ATI Radeon 8500DV.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

G

What VCR/Viceo camera do you have ?
If your material is in MiniDV then the best is a fire wire card. if you have Analog material then you can get converters from analog to DV and use a fire wire card.
More options are Analog cards or cards with both. Price veray.

In any case, Don't expect good quality from the integrated cards such as the GF or ATI. Espacially if you want to capture directly to Mpg2.

On the low level, only the Dazzle DVC II have a resnoble quality going from analog to Mpg2. Then you have the Matrox RT cards. (all real time). meany cards in the middle can also do such things with hardware excelerated encoding and better quality.

G

What VCR/Video camera do you have ?
If your material is in MiniDV then the best is a fire wire card. if you have Analog material then you can get converters from analog to DV and use a fire wire card.
More options are Analog cards or cards with both. Price veray.

In any case, Don't expect good quality from the integrated cards such as the GF or ATI. Espacially if you want to capture directly to Mpg2.

On the low level, only the Dazzle DVC II have a resnoble quality going from analog to Mpg2. Then you have the Matrox RT cards. (all real time). meany cards in the middle can also do such things with hardware excelerated encoding and better quality.

TRENDING THREADS