How large a MMC card can a 3650 take?

Last response: in Brands
Share
February 12, 2005 12:00:44 AM

Hi,
The title is my question. I see they have 128 mg MMC cards on their website,
but will it support the 1 meg cards I see for sale? Thanks,
Ben

More about : large mmc card 3650

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 11:46:21 AM

I'm running my 3650 with firmware v2.50 and a 512mb MMC card without any
problems but most new phones require a reduced size MMC card so upgrading
later on could be a problem for you. Also the MMC can only be used for
storage. No good for bigger programs.

"Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> The title is my question. I see they have 128 mg MMC cards on their
> website, but will it support the 1 meg cards I see for sale? Thanks,
> Ben

February 12, 2005 1:19:10 PM

Thanks,
Ben

Will go for a 256 mb seems to be the price point. Better than the 16 mb I
have in there now.

"John Kester" <j.kester@aolhell.com> wrote in message
> I'm running my 3650 with firmware v2.50 and a 512mb MMC card without any
> problems but most new phones require a reduced size MMC card so upgrading
> later on could be a problem for you. Also the MMC can only be used for
> storage. No good for bigger programs.
>
> "Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> The title is my question. I see they have 128 mg MMC cards on their
>> website, but will it support the 1 meg cards I see for sale? Thanks,
>> Ben

Related resources
February 12, 2005 2:14:52 PM

How can tell what firmware I am running? If its an old version, can I update
over a Bluetooth connection? Thanks for the info.

Ben

I am going to get a 256 mb as that is the price point.

"John Kester" <j.kester@aolhell.com> wrote in message
> I'm running my 3650 with firmware v2.50 and a 512mb MMC card without any
> problems but most new phones require a reduced size MMC card so upgrading
> later on could be a problem for you. Also the MMC can only be used for
> storage. No good for bigger programs.
>
> "Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> The title is my question. I see they have 128 mg MMC cards on their
>> website, but will it support the 1 meg cards I see for sale? Thanks,
>> Ben

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 10:58:02 AM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:14:52 -0500, "Ben" <ben14@adelphia.net> wrote:

>How can tell what firmware I am running?

Type *#0000# (star hash zero zero zero zero hash no spaces) when the
phone is in standby.

> If its an old version, can I update
>over a Bluetooth connection?

no.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 8:07:04 PM

Hi everyone on this forum! .

Well all u guys are discussing abt the cheapest MMC

Well i hav an offer for MMC 1GB of transcend or ATP or similar branded
chips
for a mere Rs.2000/- (INR) Indian Rupees.

I am from delhi, u can buy as many as u want but hey faster the better
bcoz loads of responses within India itself. Usually in market its for
Rs.3400/-

so hurry!

Regards,
Varun