Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hi All,
To submit a Disk Filter driver for Windows logo certification is it enough
if we
run AntiVirus/File system filter driver tests that come in HCT.??
I dont specifically find a reference to Filter Drivers in any of the
documents in HCT kit.
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Shal.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

No replies?

Thanks and Regards
Shal.

"Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> To submit a Disk Filter driver for Windows logo certification is it enough
> if we
> run AntiVirus/File system filter driver tests that come in HCT.??
> I dont specifically find a reference to Filter Drivers in any of the
> documents in HCT kit.
> Thanks in Advance
> Regards
> Shal.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Maybe because there is no WHQL for disk filters? :)

--
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation

> No replies?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Shal.
>
> "Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > To submit a Disk Filter driver for Windows logo certification is it enough
> > if we
> > run AntiVirus/File system filter driver tests that come in HCT.??
> > I dont specifically find a reference to Filter Drivers in any of the
> > documents in HCT kit.
> > Thanks in Advance
> > Regards
> > Shal.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

:-(

Is there a way i can avoid the message box that pops up when i install the
driver in XP.
"This Driver is not digitally signed. Please press continue to Install it or
Stop Installation" ????

Thanks and Regards
Shal

"Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe because there is no WHQL for disk filters? :)
>
> --
> Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
> StorageCraft Corporation
> maxim@storagecraft.com
> http://www.storagecraft.com
>
> "Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message
> > No replies?
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > Shal.
> >
> > "Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > > To submit a Disk Filter driver for Windows logo certification is it
enough
> > > if we
> > > run AntiVirus/File system filter driver tests that come in HCT.??
> > > I dont specifically find a reference to Filter Drivers in any of the
> > > documents in HCT kit.
> > > Thanks in Advance
> > > Regards
> > > Shal.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Avoid any use of INF files and write the driver to UpperFilters directly.
This worked for me, both for disk and CD-ROM filters.

--

> :-(
>
> Is there a way i can avoid the message box that pops up when i install the
> driver in XP.
> "This Driver is not digitally signed. Please press continue to Install it or
> Stop Installation" ????
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Shal
>
> "Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com> wrote in message
> > Maybe because there is no WHQL for disk filters? :)
> >
> > --
> > Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
> > StorageCraft Corporation
> > maxim@storagecraft.com
> > http://www.storagecraft.com
> >
> > "Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > No replies?
> > >
> > > Thanks and Regards
> > > Shal.
> > >
> > > "Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message
> enough

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Thanks Max.!
Are u referring to sample program like AddFilter in DDK???

> Avoid any use of INF files and write the driver to UpperFilters
directly.
> This worked for me, both for disk and CD-ROM filters.
>
> --
> Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
> StorageCraft Corporation
> maxim@storagecraft.com
> http://www.storagecraft.com
>
> "Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message
> > :-(
> >
> > Is there a way i can avoid the message box that pops up when i install
the
> > driver in XP.
> > "This Driver is not digitally signed. Please press continue to Install
it or
> > Stop Installation" ????
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > Shal
> >
> > "Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim@storagecraft.com> wrote in message
> > > Maybe because there is no WHQL for disk filters? :)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
> > > StorageCraft Corporation
> > > maxim@storagecraft.com
> > > http://www.storagecraft.com
> > >
> > > "Shalini" <kandukondein@NOSPAMYahoo.com> wrote in message

> > enough

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Write the one yourself and call from InstallShield, a couple of screenfuls
of code.