Solved

Re-configuring a desktop into a HTPC

I purchased a ready builit Dell i 15 last year for the purpose of recording over the air TV. Unfortunately, I got an ugly desktop that is RED. Now I wish I had done what is necessary to get a small low profile HTPC that would not be unsightly. I use Home Run as Tuner for it, and installed a second 2 TB hard drive.

Is it possible to get a horizontal case that I can transpose all the parts into from the desktop (remember two hard drives too) or does having that type of setup call for smaller components to get it into a smaller form factor. Even a larger horizontal case (like the old VCR cases) would be an improvement over what I have now.
Any recommendations? that might work?
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about configuring desktop htpc
  1. Best answer
    There are HTPC cases that will fit up to full ATX motherboards and even full sized graphics cards. If you are looking to simply drop your current computer into a new case, there shouldn't be too much of an issue doing that. Here's a link to give you an idea of what is available http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=690&Description=&Type=&N=100008308&IsNodeId=1&IsPowerSearch=1&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&PropertyCodeValue=5499%3A36685&PropertyCodeValue=5499%3A36684&PropertyCodeValue=5499%3A48023&PropertyCodeValue=5503%3A36680&PropertyCodeValue=5503%3A36681&PropertyCodeValue=5503%3A36679 my personal favorite of those is the nMEDIAPC Red Wood Wood/Steel HTPC 8000 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
    Hope it helps
  2. Best answer selected by modhatter113.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cases Desktops Hard Drives Systems Product