Radeon hd 6850 and nzxt guardian 921 rb problem

shamone

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hi, I have a problem. I am a first-time builder, and I am trying to install an AMD Radeon HD 6850. When I put it in the motherboard, it looks like it's seated all the way down. When I try to boot up, the fan turned on, but the motherboard gave 1 long and 2 short beeps, which indicates a video system problems. I have tried everything- even breaking my case's "toolless" expansion card installation and just screwing it in, but the beep codes still happen. Here are my computer's specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition processor @ 3.4 GHz
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard
NZXT Guardian 921 RB case
8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Memory
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive (not installed yet)
OCZ Vertex Plus R2 120gb SSD (not installed yet)

Any solutions?

Solution
According to your motherboard 1 Long 2 Short beeps is not a Video error. It is a Memory Error. Try holding the Mem OK! button after doing this.

1.4.2 If there is beep, please try to judge from the beep code as the following steps, if the problem still remains after the troubleshooting, please contact your retailer for a check.
1.4.2.1 Memory issue: Beep (1 long 2 short)
A Clean the Golden Finger of memory
B Clean the memory slots
C Leave only one memory stick to test
D If convenient, please change different memory to test again

Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 Troubleshooting

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
According to your motherboard 1 Long 2 Short beeps is not a Video error. It is a Memory Error. Try holding the Mem OK! button after doing this.

1.4.2 If there is beep, please try to judge from the beep code as the following steps, if the problem still remains after the troubleshooting, please contact your retailer for a check.
1.4.2.1 Memory issue: Beep (1 long 2 short)
A Clean the Golden Finger of memory
B Clean the memory slots
C Leave only one memory stick to test
D If convenient, please change different memory to test again

Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 Troubleshooting

Solution

shamone

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

I'm sorry, but I don't have the M5A97 EVO R2.0, my mobo is just the M5A97 R2.0.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012

OK, PSU & Video Card are good, check your RAM. Make sure they are seated correctly. Remove one stick, swap sticks, if the error persists return your memory.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
My apologies, wrong Mobo, same problem and solution.

Please refer to POST beep code below for reference on how to resolve this issue:
(1) One long two Short: No RAM modules are detected. If you are hearing this Beep code when all RAM modules are removed, while system no longer beep or POST after RAM modules are installed, then it simply means the RAM modules installed are not compatible with each other, or not compatible with the motherboard. Please replace your RAM modules if possible.

As I said before, make sure they're seated correctly, check each DIMM by itself in each slot.

shamone

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

Thanks! I'll look into it and tell you if it worked.