Malware popup disabled keyboard and mouse - Win 7 Pro

Naena

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hi,
I use Firefox 10 on Windows 7 Professional (fully updated). The machine has two drives, each booting to Win 7 and Win XP. This problem is on the Windows 7 side.

Yesterday, I used Google to search "Indian restaurant Fort Worth reviews"
In the results page, I went one by one to each link. When I hit one of the links, which I am sure is the domain of a restaurant, I got the famous "You have viruses, click to scan" popup. In a few seconds Security Essentials popped up its warning saying that it found this bad file:
C:\programdata\ca0e4f\smca0_8050.exe

I copied its name and saved it to a text file on the Desktop. Then I tried Alt-F7 to close the window, next the X, which gave another popup. I then let Security Essentials delete what it found. I then closed the browser and rebooted the computer.

Both (PS/2) keyboard and mouse were disabled at the login page. I tried a USB Microsoft Keyboard. That too did not work. F8 -> Safe Mode did not help.

I started the XP side of the computer. Ran Security Essentials - 18 hours. In the meanwhile I searched and located the bad file and two other files related to it and deleted them. Security Essentials right then said it found a bad one. (Was it because I touched it?). At the end of the scan, I allowed Security Essentials to delete the two things it said that it found.

Rebooted to Win 7. Still no keyboard, no mouse.

I called Microsoft (you know, long distance to the other side of the globe). Several calls. And I consistently got Kindergarten level support. They tried to blame the manufacturer of the keyboard, then tried to scare me away with a $99 charge. They did a System Restore on the Windows XP side (!), then finally, one tech connected to it over the Internet and ran Malware Bytes on it. We also tried F8 -> Last good boot. Then he wanted the Windows 7 CD. When I read its name, he said he was looking for the Windows 7 re-installation CD! That was the end of M$ support.

Does anyone here have an idea on how to get the thing to see the mouse and keyboard? I can see the Win 7 drive from Win XP side (as its D: drive).

Thank you in advance.

1.Go into the bios setup and set the CD / DVD to boot first

What I would try is put the win 7 installation disk in the drive,

let it start up and load drivers, select "upgrade"
upgrade NOT fresh install.
this will not erase the personal files or programs,
if it does load up, takes a while, and run...
then run your scans but,
I think you should use a professional all in one antivirus, if you can get it to run....
not a free one from the internet.

2. Install the damaged drive as a second drive, on a working computer
Make sure the working computer has a professional updated antivirus installed.
click start, control panel, hardware and sound, device manager, right click hard drives, left click detect new hardware.
After the added (damaged drive) has been detected by the good computer,
run scans on the entire computer to neutralize the virus on the damaged drive.

Now drag your files off the damaged drive, onto a backup thumb drive and copy all your personal files as a backup.

Now install the fixed drive back into the original computer.
I would recommend you reformat the entire drive and load a fresh operating system and professional anti virus...
before putting your backed up files back into the computer.

Abel2s

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

It seems your computer was attacked the fake scam, please try to remove it in safe mode.
if you got this latest one please try this guide
http://malware-removal.****/permanently-remove-windows-personal-detective-virus-uninstall-windows-personal-detective-scam/
if it was this www.system-check.de fault please follow the this tip
http://guides.yoosecurity.com/safely-remove-system-check-de-virus-and-get-back-all-icons-hiden-by-system-check-virus/

Hope you can get your problems fixed then. ;)