Hydraathond

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
I know this question is asked alot but non of the post gave me a definitive answer. The post were either to old (and cerain cards were not released yet) or the poster want something really different.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: somewere this week
BUDGET RANGE: Max 430 euros
USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: almost everything new that comes out in RTS and FPS and SP RPG
games I really enjoyed in the past are: Assassins creed, battlefield 3, crysis, fallout 3/vegas and the total war series ( I don’t play these anymore but anything with a sequel or games with similar gameplay I’m probably gonna play)
current games are Need for speed MW 2012, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: GTX 460 SC 768MB(evga) 500W PSU
OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: i5 3570K, Asus p8z77v-le, 8gb 1600 DDR3
PARTS PREFERENCES: nVidia cards (from asus,msi or evga) i’ve seen that most games i want to play go best with nVidia cards.
OVERCLOCKING: OC: i like to have the option (no experience tough ) SLI/Xfire: is not my intention ( i prefere a Geforce card and my MOBO only supports Xfire)
MONITOR RESOLUTION: mainly 1080p (tripple screen option wouild be fun tough )

So After reading millions of reviews and benchmarks i’ve only narrowed it down to PROBABLY a GTX 670.
Here is a list of avalible cards in my country with pros and cons:

Asus GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 (395 euros)
Pro: Most benchmarks tell me this is the fastest 670 (faster than a reference 680)
Con: Very hard to get one. I also see a lot of bad reviews of DOA’s and Good-card-for-the-time-it-worked (the non Top is also avalible whats the difference ?)

EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW (366 euros)
Pro: High clockspeed, EVGA warranty
Con: probably not the best one for overclocking??

Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD (370 euros)
I don’t really know much about this card i have no expirience with Gigabyte. So where does this one rank in most benchmarks?

MSI N670GTX PE 2GD5/OC (377euros)
Pro: has a high clockspeed
Con: heard something about MSI overvolting the things

I also cosidered a HD7970 or a GTX670 4 GB SC
The only reason i consider these is because my current GTX460 SC 768 MB made me paranoid about the 2gb thing. Currently the 768 mb is a bottleneck for most games since 1gb is the standard and I could’ve gotten the 1gb vesion if i did my homework 2.5 years ago.

So which card would be best for me? I find that the one with the best pros are also the ones with the worst cons, thats the main reason i can’t decide.

calumconroy

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
MSI is best, then the ASUS. I would say the EVGA after that but it has a shitty reference fan. The MSI PE is factory overclocked so that's an increase in performance. The gtx 660ti and 670 Power editions and 680 Lightning (all MSI) all have the best overclocking as they have Triple Overvoltage and MSI Afterburner is the best program for overclocking.
Hope this helped! :)

hbeduryan818

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

Msi is the best but i redomend you upgrade to a 650w psu