white ballance/temp

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 10, 2005 2:49:05 PM

Folks

I shoot raw with a 20D and generally leave it set on auto white balance.
However, with flash I change it to flash as it seems to give better
performance. When processing the RAW file I use BreezeBrowser and am very
happy with it. If photographing something important I put a grey card in
the first few frames and later use the picker in Breeze to adjust the colour
temp by selecting the grey card. This gives great results, however, I would
like to be able to measure the colour temperature when using this method.
One way is to input colour temperatures till they match the eye picker but
this is long winded. Does anyone know of a program that measures the colour
temperature of a raw file?

regards

--
Don From Down Under

More about : white ballance temp

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:49:06 PM

Don wrote:
> Folks
>
> I shoot raw with a 20D and generally leave it set on auto white balance.
> However, with flash I change it to flash as it seems to give better
> performance. When processing the RAW file I use BreezeBrowser and am very
> happy with it. If photographing something important I put a grey card in
> the first few frames and later use the picker in Breeze to adjust the colour
> temp by selecting the grey card. This gives great results, however, I would
> like to be able to measure the colour temperature when using this method.
> One way is to input colour temperatures till they match the eye picker but
> this is long winded. Does anyone know of a program that measures the colour
> temperature of a raw file?

I use Photoshop & ACR. When I use the picker, for example on a grey
card or GretagMacbeth card or some grey area, ACR identifies the Colour
Temperature (as a 4-digit number, presumably Kelvin), and the settings
for the Tint slider.

--
Barry Pearson
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/