306.97 Articfacting & Crashing While Idle

Card is a GTX 560 TI and this has been happening for a week or so.

Its never crashes while gaming, only when under little to no load. Surfing the web, listening to music, ect...

All of a sudden small artifacts will appear, and the driver crashes.

My card is overclocked to 950 Core Clock and 2100 Memory @ 1075 volts. The overclock is stable while stress testing in Heaven and EVGA OC Scanner, and has never crashed on me while gaming.

The only thing I can think of is that the card is cutting back its voltage too low while idle (950 v)? But I'm not sure why all of a sudden this would be an issue, it has been doing that since I got the card and like I said, this just started recently.
2 answers Last reply
More about articfacting crashing idle
  1. I am getting this problem. I have a GeForce GTX 285 and Windows 7 Home Premium. For the last two weeks the screen flickers after about five minutes of inactivity, then when I move the cursor it flickers and then the display driver crashes.

If I leave the computer for any length of time I come back to find it has rebooted to the BIOS screen. This must be a problem with the driver, not with the hardware because my PC is not overclocked and it has only started recently.
  2. if you guys believe it was driver related then try the latest beta driver or do clean install of driver

@miketen587

did the problem only happen when you OCed your card? did you OC your memory as well?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Graphics