Advice please on telcoms (internet, cellphone, wifi) for l..

Last response: in Network Providers
May 25, 2005 10:14:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.canada.ontario,alt.travel.canada.ontario.toronto (More info?)

I will be staying in Toronto for 6 months shortly.

I would appreciate recommendations for the following:

1 - Reliable dial-up ISP (I will have a landline which will allow
dial-up internet access and a credit card with a foreign billing address.)

2 - Cellphone (I'll have an unlocked GSM triband cellphone. Presumably
I should get a prepaid GSM SIM? Fido? Rogers?)

3 - WiFi account to use in coffee shops etc.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 10:14:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.canada.ontario,alt.travel.canada.ontario.toronto (More info?)

DIAL UP INTERNET

http://www.canadianisp.com/cgi-bin/ispsearch.cgi

Cell phone. Telus

http://www.telusmobility.com/

"Seuss" <seuss@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I will be staying in Toronto for 6 months shortly.
>

> I would appreciate recommendations for the following:
>
> 1 - Reliable dial-up ISP (I will have a landline which will allow
> dial-up internet access and a credit card with a foreign billing
> address.)
>
> 2 - Cellphone (I'll have an unlocked GSM triband cellphone.
> Presumably I should get a prepaid GSM SIM? Fido? Rogers?)
>
> 3 - WiFi account to use in coffee shops etc.
>

> Thanks for your suggestions.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 6:08:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt,alt.travel.canada,alt.travel.canada.ontario,alt.travel.canada.ontario.toronto (More info?)

For dial up just get the AOL free trial ... it would be free it will accept
your credit card

For Cellphone, if you will just stay in Toronto or GTA you can get Fido ,
but if your going to some other place like
Midland , Wasaga Windsor I would suggest Rogers
Anyway Fido is now owned by Rogers ... from time to time you'll get either
signal

!