Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad azwar anas

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
i want to buy vga ddr2 to upgrade my NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE onboard, but it is hard to find know..

some one say that using vga ddr3 is not harm my computer, but i still doubt, is it right?

please give me some explaination about your answer.. thanks before..

Solution
The DDR on the GPU (GDDR) has nothing to do with the memory type in the system, and you can use almost any GPU your PSU can support as pcie is backwards compatible. The ones you listed should all work. Sorry, thought you were asking about adding memory to the integrated GPU, not adding a dedicated one.

What resolution is your monitor and what games do you want to play? Budget?

the HD6670 or 5670 are decent low end cards
First it is not "VGA DDR" i.e. GDDR. It's just DDR.your taking about which may have caused their confusion.

2nd DDR3 does not fit in a DDR2 slot. They are not compatible. A few AMD board did have both DDR2 and DDR3 slots but you can't use both.

3rd, adding memory to the system is not going to help your GPU. If you want better game performance buy a dedicated card. Although you probably need a whole new system.

Are you tring to upgrade the amount of memory in your computer, Or are you tring to chang the memmory on the Video card??

Going to take a guess. You have a onboard video chip, not a pci card. and it has 128 megs of dedicated ram. It then uses some of the computer memory as shared ram. No you can not use DDR3, if your current memory is DDR2 - they will not fit the same socket. (Not there were a few (very limited) MBs that could use one or the other.

If you want to Increase the amount of Computer memory, than that is OK. Just Buy memory with the same specifications. You can buy larger size, or if you have extra empty slots just add to it.

Questions about your memory, and it's specs, just download CPU-z and look under the memory tab at top.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Ps - helps iof you give complet specs for your system.

ahmad azwar anas

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

thanks for the answer, but i think that the answer about memory..

and something that i want to know is about the VGA,
my AMD board has PCI and PCI-E,,

back to the problem..

some one say that i must buy VGA with type DDR2 such as
Radeon HD4350 512MB DDR2 64bit PCI-E or
Radeon HD4650 512MB 128bit 800MHz DDR2 PCI-E,

but another one say that it is no matter what i want to buy..
means that i can buy vga with type DDR3 such as Nvidia GeForce G210 1024MB/1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI-E freely
without doubt the performance of my computer..

who should i can trust..
thanks for replying..

ahmad azwar anas

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

thanks for the answer..
my problem is i want to add video card on pci slot of my board..

i have been use cpu-z..
this is my specs..
processor : AMD Athlon 7750 Dual core Processor
mainboard : Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd
mainboard model : M61PME-S2P
memory : DDR2 single 2048 MBytes PC2-6400
graphic : NVIDIA GForce 6150SE 64MBytes (this is my problem that i want to solve..)

The DDR on the GPU (GDDR) has nothing to do with the memory type in the system, and you can use almost any GPU your PSU can support as pcie is backwards compatible. The ones you listed should all work. Sorry, thought you were asking about adding memory to the integrated GPU, not adding a dedicated one.

What resolution is your monitor and what games do you want to play? Budget?

the HD6670 or 5670 are decent low end cards

Solution
Also do you know your exact motherboard model? Your CPU is a black edition and capable of being overclocked, but more importantly it's actually a quad core, and can be unlocked to have 4 cores instead of just 2 by turning on advanced clock calibration in the bios if your board has that feature.

Now, sometimes the 2 that were disabled don't both work, but it's something you might want to do some googling on and try out as that's a pretty big jump. Worked perfectly on my phenom II

ahmad azwar anas

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

thanks for helping.. ^^..

ahmad azwar anas

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

my monitor resolution is 1360 x 768.. i want to play starcraft 3, diablo 3, world of warcraft and the others.. (i love blizzard.. ^^..)

my budget approximately $50..

what should you suggest..

(if there are not.. may be i need to ask my parent.. ^^..)

Is stick with the 6670 for a little more. BUT your res is pretty low. You can go cheaper. Not my field of expertise but you can look at the list below, find the 6670 and go down until you find something in your budget.

www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Your boards gpu was really weak and the 6670 is good for 1680x1050 so you can certainly go lower and still have a good upgrade

ahmad azwar anas

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

^^.. sounds good.. thanks anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.