TROUS3RS

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hi all

When I try to power on my PC which I have just finished building it doesn't boot. The fans all try and spin but just go really slow and stop and start. The PSU fan does this too. I can't see any activity on the motherboard either. The fans are all plugged into the fan controller which is on the front panel which also lights up. However there is activity from the rest of the computer.

Help would be appreciated.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Check to make sure you plugged in the CPU power plug. It will be either four or eight pin and will be located on the top side of the motherboard near the CPU.

TROUS3RS

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Yes it is plugged in. I have checked that everything is plugged in. I have a feeling though that its the pwr led + and - and pwr switch etc yet according to the motherboard they are plugged in correctly.

TROUS3RS

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Cx600
Phenom 965
ASrock u3s3
Sandisk extreme SSD
Lg disk drive
Arctic freezer 13
Vtx3d 7850
Zalman z9 plus
Corsair Lp 1600mhz 8gb

TROUS3RS

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I think they do intel and AMD of same name

See here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970DE3U3S3/

chugot9218

Honorable
Basically you build the PC outside of the case, take your MOBO box or something non-conducive and place the MOBO on that. Install your CPU, CPU cooler, RAM, and your GPU because you do not have integrated graphics, and plug in all the appropriate power plugs (GPU and MOBO, to start the board you will have to short the power switch pins or you can hook your case power button up to the pin and use that). You can also try it with only 1 stick of RAM.

chugot9218

Honorable
Because it can be such a hassle taking things in and out of the case, I start by bread-boarding to ensure all my components are good before I take the time to put everything properly inside the case, can save a lot of trouble!

TROUS3RS

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I figured out the problem. The 24 pin ATX cable wasnt sitting right. :D

I have know installed windows 8 and am loving my first ever home built PC. Thanks.