Sign in with
Your question

Is this compatible?

Last response: in Systems
December 28, 2012 2:50:45 PM

I want to build my own system. Although I think these hardware are compatible with each other, I want to make sure it really is before i order it.

These are the hardware i choose:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z77
CPU: Intel i7-3770k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DD3, 1600-8Gb KIT
Graphicscard: Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Boost, 3GB
PSU: Cooler master GX 650 watt
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
SSD: Sandisk stander 64GB

So is this compatible? can i just pick any case which supports ATX? are there any tips for this build?

I look forward to your answers,

Jellyvish,

More about : compatible

a b B Homebuilt system
December 28, 2012 3:06:29 PM

I don't see any glaring issues, but I'm unsure about the Cooler Master power supply. The CM power supply I had years ago, worked well enough. A 64GB SSD might be a little light, but is more than enough for just the OS and a game or two.

While you could go with any case that accepts an ATX motherboard, I'd look for one that has, at a minimum, 1x120mm rear exhaust and 1x120mm front intake cooling fan. The more the better, but also the noisier.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Oh - What's the usage for this build? If it's a gaming system, the drop down to a CoreI5 3570K processor. The gain (if any) in gaming from the CoreI73770k is not worth the additional cost.
December 28, 2012 3:36:05 PM

Thank you for your comment Wolfshadw.

would you suggest that I take another PSU?

I am going to use it for gaming but i will also need it for desinging programs such as SolidWorks, PS, Etc. That is why i choose to I7.

So overall this build will work flawless? or what id you ment with "glaring"?

Jellyvish
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
December 28, 2012 4:38:57 PM

I'd probably look at either a Corsair or Antec power supply. If you're doing more than just gaming, then the CoreI7 is the way to go, so long as it's within budget. By "glaring" issues, I mean there is nothing that is obviously incompatible. You should be good to go, out of the box.

-Wolf sends
a b B Homebuilt system
December 28, 2012 5:22:51 PM

Even if you are sticking with the i7 I would suggest not getting the Sabertooth, get the model down if anything. "Thermal Armor" is not as useful as it sounds, and to properly vent it you have to install 2 30mm fans on it, which I have heard can get quite loud. I do not think there are any features on it that you would need, at least over a model drop or two. I have the P8z77-V Pro, mostly the same features and it comes with a wireless module, I love it.

And yeah, I always say I do not trust a company that has to profess it's greatness in its name (ala coolerMASTER haha). Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, XFX are all good brands, just find the best deal you can on one with the appropriate wattage, Newegg has had lots of PSU's on sale (good ones too).
December 28, 2012 5:28:00 PM

Make sure you RAM is low profile 1.5v and what about a cpu cooler 212 evo would be fine.
-Bruce
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 28, 2012 5:29:07 PM

chugot9218 said:
Even if you are sticking with the i7 I would suggest not getting the Sabertooth,

+1
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASUS-Sabertooth-...
Quote:
In summary, the SABERTOOTH Z77 is an excellent motherboard, but unless you really like the plastic cover, you should pick the P8Z77-V PRO, which is a little less expensive and has a few more features, or the P8Z77-V DELUXE, which costs a little more but offers a lot more.
a b B Homebuilt system
December 28, 2012 5:30:44 PM

Yeah, it's almost purely cosmetic (although I will admit it looks pretty sweet, it was a tough choice for me between the two but I am happy with the Pro).
!