Well you'll certainly need to call your ISP. And presumably it will cost more money. Of course, you could shop around for a better deal w/ cable, fios, etc., whatever other options you have available. Doesn't hurt to call your current ISP, act a little naive w/ customer service, and complain (nicely) about the performance. See if they offer a deal, and if they don’t, tell them you're going to look into "other options" before you decide to upgrade. Sometimes that's enough for them to make an offer, just to make sure they keep you as a customer.