Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
so ive just finished building my first build. the only problem is when i turn it on for the first time the fans spin up, stop then spin up again then it enters bios. its asif it powers down the back up. is this normal? thanks

Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
i just retryed, and it does start up then turn off then turn back on, it only does this the first time it boots up after being comected to power socket.

Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
if i boot up the pc, it will spin all the fans then shut down. it then starts up agian and stays on then. if i turn it off then back on a few minutes later it starts as it should. but then if i disconect the psu from the wall the reconnect it it will do the on-off-on thing again then enter bios.

shahrd

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Try unplugging your 20 or 24pin connector to your motherboard and let it sit for like 20 or 30 seconds and the plug it back in. This should drain the mobo battery.

Do you have another power supply available that you can throw into your system to test it out with?

Try booting the system with just power to the mobo and nothing else. If it doesn't happen it might be that some part in your build is drawing too much power at boot up or the psu is just bad. Try adding parts back one at a time until the issue appears again. And then test just that one part to see if its actually the number of parts that effects it or that specific part. This might not do anything but it's a good way t ostart diagnosing the issue.

Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
well, these are my specs,

Intel I5 3570k, not overclocked, stock heatsink fan.
Sapphire HD7950, not overclocked
Corsair vengence 16gb 1600mhz
1tb seagate barracuda HDD
Corsair 600w psu
gigabyte z77 atx mobo

i dont have time atm to try the trouble shooting above and may not for a couple of days, but you mentioned the psu. 600w is eough right? as im not OC'ing or Xfiring. so i dont see that being the problem, but i could be mistaken.

shahrd

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

The PSU is fine as I run a similar system and my 600w is more than enough. The reason I was saying to switch out the PSU with another that you could possibly borrow or have laying around is because that way we could rule out the issue being the PSU itself. Corsair is normally a solid PSU maker but issues can happen of course.