Closed Solved

Radeon 8000 series

Does anyone know anything about the Radeon 8000 series release? I know it is expected in early 2014 but that is about it.
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 8000 series
  1. Did you mean Radeon HD 8000 series? :).
  2. Yeah HD sure. And I meant early 2013 sorry
  3. Best answer
  4. Pyree said:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Islands_%28GPU_family%29

    The 8850 looks like to be a very good buy.


    Haha yeah the 8850 was the GPU I was thinking about getting
  5. there isn't a confirmed date, but it is definitely q1 2013
  6. Anybody waiting for Steamroller & HD 9K series like me? :D
  7. Really can't wait longer when you laptop and desktop both have 1st gen Intel core i series CPU and 5000 series AMD graphics. I am at the end of my 3 year update cycle for both my laptop and desktop.
  8. I'm giving a good hope on the next AMD CPu, and by then I'll do a complete upgrade.
  9. Didn't AMD say something about not having distinctive graphic and computation core and just make general core that can run both and adjust the proportion of core use for computation vs. graphic based on work load.

    That's an interesting idea.
  10. ^ isn't that what nvidia try to do for years and finally done with Fermi?
  11. isnt the hd 8000 series supposed to be just a rebrand of 7000 series just like 6000 series was for 5000 series ?
    8000 series doesnt look to be as major change as 7000 series was from 6000 series.
    just bumping up the clock and memory speeds a little, reducing power consumption, increasing the price etc .
    i have the awesome 7750 so i would be skipping the hd 8000 series
  12. Well, im running on my 560 Ti with a q6600 still, and untill the devs start making something more than console ports, i dont see any reason to get a stronger GPU.
  13. mohit9206 said:
    isnt the hd 8000 series supposed to be just a rebrand of 7000 series just like 6000 series was for 5000 series ?
    8000 series doesnt look to be as major change as 7000 series was from 6000 series.
    just bumping up the clock and memory speeds a little, reducing power consumption, increasing the price etc .
    i have the awesome 7750 so i would be skipping the hd 8000 series


    *decreasing* the price, and getting as much as a 30% power boost when compared to similarly named 7k series.
  14. ^ so far that is what amd said. but some rumor point that 15% increase is more likely. anyway we should know more when the card are close to launch
  15. ilysaml said:
    Anybody waiting for Steamroller & HD 9K series like me? :D


    I'm with you. My 3 year old phenom II X2 unlocked to a quad and overclocked, and there's still no reason to upgrade. Throw in a 6950 toxic running as a 6970+ at 1920x1200 and the only thing I have ever had to do was take ONE setting off ultra in crisis 2 dx11 with the high res textures.

    that should be a fun upgrade, especially if the new console hardware encourages some less crappy Ports
  16. i dont necessarily want pc games to push the hi end cards too much because that really sucks for people like me with entry level cards.
    however if the said game is very well optimized for more mainstream hardware then im fine
  17. mohit9206 said:
    i dont necessarily want pc games to push the hi end cards too much because that really sucks for people like me with entry level cards.
    however if the said game is very well optimized for more mainstream hardware then im fine


    This is why PC's have adjustable settings.
  18. 2 year upgrade cycle. Go for the tick in the tick-tock process.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics