Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560Ti and 3 monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 12, 2012 2:53:32 AM

o/

A friend of mine is giving me his 30" LED HDMI TV to me for free in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if my gfx card could use my two 22" monitors, as well as the TV.

my two current monitors are connected into the DVI ports but I'm not sure if I can use the HDMI slot in unison with them.

this is my exact card: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GTX560Ti-CLASSIFIED-Graphics...

been looking around for an answer for awhile. I would like to know now so I can begin re arranging my desktop (virtual and physical)

More about : gtx 560ti monitors

November 12, 2012 4:03:31 AM

zuzmaw said:
o/

A friend of mine is giving me his 30" LED HDMI TV to me for free in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if my gfx card could use my two 22" monitors, as well as the TV.

my two current monitors are connected into the DVI ports but I'm not sure if I can use the HDMI slot in unison with them.

this is my exact card: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GTX560Ti-CLASSIFIED-Graphics...

been looking around for an answer for awhile. I would like to know now so I can begin re arranging my desktop (virtual and physical)

What do you do? Gaming, editing etc..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 12, 2012 4:56:12 AM

No it will not work.

Only the 6xx series in Nvidia support more than 2 monitors on a single card.
The only way to get 3 or more monitors on the 560 is to have 2 of them in SLI.
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2012 11:43:58 AM

nadz953 said:
What do you do? Gaming, editing etc..

Mostly gaming. I would have the tv between my two monitors, and just disable the two when i'm in a game. at least, one that is graphically demanding. I would use my right monitor for chats/steam/programs, left would be toolbar and desktop/internet. middle (tv) games, movies, so on.

Quote:
No it will not work.

Only the 6xx series in Nvidia support more than 2 monitors on a single card.
The only way to get 3 or more monitors on the 560 is to have 2 of them in SLI.

well my motherboard is AMD and doesn't support SLI. I probably should've waited another week or two for the GTX 660. oh well.

I came across these port splitters. would that work? or would it only make the two plugged in become identical? I'm reading mixed answers on the internet.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2012 12:02:09 PM

Spliters will generate identical images (they split 1 signal, not create more >D).

m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 12, 2012 12:07:46 PM

They would not work. They would only make the monitors looks identical.
m
l
!