Sign in with
Your question

First Time Builder Building $600 - $800 Gaming/Video

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 28, 2012 3:24:12 PM

Over the past few months I've been self teaching myself about computers and their parts. I really want to build my own computer so I'm looking for some advice. I'm building for game playing/recording/video editing/music/and everyday needs since I don't have my own computer. My budget is around $600-$800 and it would help to be from tigerdirect.com

CPU: I'm thinking either the Intel i5-3570k or the AMD Phenom II x4 965

Motherboard: Not all sure what I should get, all I know is want an ATX size

GPU: Haven't looked into them all that much considering I haven't really decided on a motherboard

Case: Im wanting a Mid or Full(so I can grow into it as I become more knowledged in computers) also I'm one for a sweet looking case, with at least 3 or 4 external 5.25" drives and at least 4 internal 3.5" drives. (side window/blue LED fans/easy to work with) NZXT Guardian AtX Mid 921?

As you can tell I haven't really narrowed my options all that much and I'm open to suggestions. I don't know exactly what's out there so I appreciate any help, money, and time you guys will save me.

More about : time builder building 600 800 gaming video

December 28, 2012 4:42:00 PM

theeejohnnyv said:
Over the past few months I've been self teaching myself about computers and their parts. I really want to build my own computer so I'm looking for some advice. I'm building for game playing/recording/video editing/music/and everyday needs since I don't have my own computer. My budget is around $600-$800 and it would help to be from tigerdirect.com

GPU: Haven't looked into them all that much considering I haven't really decided on a motherboard

Case: Im wanting a Mid or Full(so I can grow into it as I become more knowledged in computers) also I'm one for a sweet looking case, with at least 3 or 4 external 5.25" drives and at least 4 internal 3.5" drives. (side window/blue LED fans/easy to work with) NZXT Guardian AtX Mid 921?

As you can tell I haven't really narrowed my options all that much and I'm open to suggestions. I don't know exactly what's out there so I appreciate any help, money, and time you guys will save me.

So I dont waste anyones time, I'm thinking I might as well just go with an Intel i7-3770k w/ ASUS P8Z77-V LX motherboard. Just depends on how much everything will come to without going over a total of $800

I can buy ASAP
I might overclock eventually
I will prob Crossfire eventually as well

Still don't know what GPU I should go with
m
l
December 28, 2012 4:43:17 PM

theeejohnnyv said:

The i5-3570k is a great choice for gaming at a good price for the standard you get, and as you can tell by the K on the end it can be overclocked!
Motherboard: im also in the process of ordering parts for my gaming rig and a friend recommended this motherboard
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
but i went for a more expensive Asus motherboard as my budget was larger than yours, but this Gigabyte is well worth the price and im surprised at how cheap it is!
GPU: would recommend the GTX 660ti, but since you have a budget i would say the 560ti is a good purchase! http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Personally I feel NZXT make some of the best cases around, and i would recommend the NZXT Phantom, and there is a full tower or the 410 Mid tower option to suit your needs and whichever one you feel comfortable with!
m
l
!