Sign in with
Your question

GeForce GTX 670 issues

November 12, 2012 3:13:44 AM

Hello! I am in serious need of some help, I have spent hours on this issue this weekend and have got nowhere. I just built my first custom PC a few months ago, and am experiencing what I think are graphics card issues. My system is:

Intel i7-3770K @3.5 ghz
Asus P8Z77-VPRO
Asus GeForce GTX670
16GB Gskill RipjawsZ series PC3-17000 DDR3 RAM
Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W power supply
Zalman closed loop liquid CPU cooler
NZXT Phantom black full tower (green LED fans)
Windows 7 premium

On Thursday last week, my PC started crashing in games, I tested a few and it crashed in all. The screen would turn black, my monitor would shut off, but my CPU would still sort of run in some instances. I updated the drivers, that did not help. Since then, things got worse, as my screen began "resetting" while just in windows, and I would get a message saying "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered". I then decided to try and roll my driver back, and despite doing a "clean install" of the drivers, I began running into issues with driver installation. I wasn't able to have any drivers installed, due to errors. I then reformatted my machine and reseated my video card. After the reformat, I installed the newest drivers for my card, restarted and before my machine got to the windows loading screen, my computer crashed and reset itself. In safe mode I was able to uninstall the video card drivers, and then I was able to start up fine in VGA mode in windows. I then tried the same thing with an older version of drivers, with the same results. To me this is all screaming "your video card is toast", but I would hate to replace that to find out it's my motherboard or power supply. Any help for a guy in need?

More about : geforce gtx 670 issues

!